Not Okay, and That's Okay (Arizona's Trauma)

WARNING: CHALLENGING TOPIC, such as assault and guilt

Arizona's POV

I didn't want to admit it, but the events of that night are starting to catch up to me. I knew that I had to talk to someone because Y/n had the courage to get help, so I need to follow her example. 

"Alex, do you remember the name of the psychiatrist that Amelia used to work with in LA?" I asked him as he was holding onto me. "I think Violet Turner. Why?" He asks letting go slightly to look at me. "I think I need to talk about what happened that night. I keep telling myself that it was only a short span of time, but I need to process it better than I am. I need to find a better way to convey to Y/n that I don't blame her for anything that's happened, I need help from someone to get my feelings and emotions straight." I finish with baited breath and look down at my hands.

"Hey, hey. Look at me." He says and picks my chin up. "Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me you need help. I will go call Amelia now and see what I can do." He says and walks into the other room.

I've dealt with all of my past trauma including moving around all my life, my brother's death, the plane crash, and the divorce. I dealt with all of that after the plane crash with a trauma counselor that was provided to us by the hospital after the plane crash (Divorce happened much earlier than in the show, fan fiction for a reason). The unresolved trauma would be this event and the code silver. 

Alex came back in with a sympathetic face. "I talked to Amelia and she is going to have Violet call you. I gave her your email and phone number to give to her. She doesn't know how long it will be, but she was working on getting a hold of her right away." He says with a breath. "Come here." He finishes and holds out his arms. I resume holding him for another twenty minutes until my phone starts to ring. 

I look at it and it's an unfamiliar number. "Hello, this is Dr. Robbins." I answer professionally. "Hi Dr. Robbins, this is Violet Turner. Amelia gave me your contact information. I hope it's okay that I called so soon." She says. "Oh hello Dr. Turner, please call me Arizona. Thank you for calling so quickly. Did you want to set something up?" I asked her.

"Actually, I cleared my schedule for the rest of the day. Amelia made a very convincing case and I owe her. Plus, she speaks highly of you so I think she wants you to be a priority. If you're okay with it, I would like to hop on Skype so we can see each other. And please, call me Violet." She says into the phone. 

"You really didn't have to do that for me, but I appreciate you doing it. I can hop on in about five minutes. Let me grab my laptop while you send me your Skype name and I will be ready." I tell her. "Okay, see you soon. Bye!" She says excitedly.

I look over at Alex, all the sudden really nervous. "Can you stay? What I have to say won't be easy, but I don't want to be alone." I ask him. "I wasn't plan on going anywhere until you kicked me out." He says with a chuckle. Just then there is a knock at the door and Alex goes and grabs it. He opens the door to reveal April running in.

"Where is she? Is she okay?" She says worriedly. "April, I am right here. But I am not okay. And that's okay. I was just about to jump on Skype with Dr. Turner, Amelia's friend from LA. You can stay if you want, but I am warning you, these are going to be heavy conversations. And you're a crier, we all know that." I say with a slight laugh. She comes over and envelopes me into a tight hug. I didn't know how much I needed it until she pulled back.

"I am staying. I told Hunt to cover the pit while I was gone and he understood. We will fight with you. We will fight to make sure you know you are loved, cared for, and looked after. We will be there for you whenever you need us to be." April says with loving eyes. I hug her again and put my head on the crook of her neck. I whisper, "thank you for being my best friend, April. I mean it."