What is it, You Say?

Arizona's POV

I left the party. Timmy and Sammy agreed they would wait to see Y/n until she was ready. They stayed with my parents and Mer agreed to bring them to our new house and show them around.

I walked slowly up to the transplant recovery wing and was so nervous with anticipation. It had been about an hour after Mer came to tell us she was okay. I was hoping she would be awake by now or just about awake. I made sure to shower before I went up here and washed my hands before I went in.

I slowly opened the door as to not wake her if she was still asleep. The room was dark so I couldn't quite see her. 

"Battleship." I heard her raspy voice say. "Hey, pretty girl." I tell her as I was walking over to her bedside. I sit in the chair next to mine and take her hand tightly. I kiss her hand repeatedly and just held it tight, not wanting to let go.

"As much as I love you kissing my hand, I was thinking a kiss here would help more." She said, pointing to her lips. 

I lifted myself of the chair and placed a soft, lingering kiss to her lips. She put her arms around my waist and slyly pulled me into bed with her. "OH!" I said, and that was all I managed to come out. I pulled out of the kiss and stared into her beautiful eyes for a few seconds. "Are you okay? I'm not hurting you right?" I ask her nervously, looking around to make sure I am not on any wires. 

"No, you're perfect. My perfect wife. Ugh, I'll never get over saying that." She tells me with a tired smile. "How about we have a nap, baby?" I ask her. "Okay, then when we wake up, I have a surprise for you." She says with a smile. "A surprise, how do you already have a surprise?" I ask her with a confused face.

She just smiles at me and then she drifts off into a contented sleep as I do the same. 

I wake up a few hours later to find Y/n is already awake. She's tracing lazy circles on my arm with her other hand stroking my hair. "How long have you been awake, mama?" I ask her with a sleepy smile. "Only a few minutes and you were so cute that I didn't want to wake you." She says innocently. I bring my lips to hers and place a soft kiss to them. 

Y/n pulls away from the kiss with a smile. "You ready for that surprise of yours, sweet girl?" She asks me with a smile. "Dr. Bailey comes in with a big smile on her face. I am very suspicious now. 

"Why do you have such a big smile on your face, chief?" I ask her. with narrowing eyes. "That's a wait and see question, Robbins-Karev. Congratulations again, you two." She says with another smile. 

Just then, a transport worker comes in with a wheelchair for Y/n. "Luckily this was a surgery that requires me to not be in bed forever, so it is encouraged to get out of bed and walk. In my case, I had something else in mind." Y/n says to me.

She gets out of bed and into the wheelchair with no problems. We were just there to ensure she was safe. The transport person was about to start pushing her, but I asked him that I do that. 

He went off and said to page if we needed him. "Wheel me to conference room 4 in this wing babe." She tells me. I am curious as to what is in conference room 4.

We get to the room and I notice everyone around the edges of the room with masks on. I know post-op infection is a risk, so it meant a lot for them to do that. 

Y/n spotted Sammy and Timmy who were over with my parents and Mer. She blew them air kisses and they pretended as if they caught them and put them on their cheek. Ugh, they were the cutest. 

"Lucky for me, they want me up and walking hours after surgery. But in this odd case, we are having our first dance. Chief already cleared me." She said as she glanced over to Dr. Bailey who was standing nearby.