Meant to Be

3 days later

Y/n's POV

Over the past few days, we were able to secure a beautiful house that had everything we wanted. I tried to convince Arizona to let me go with her, but she was having none of that. I kept distracting her while she was on FaceTime with me because she had headphones in while we were talking so I did my best to be seductive while she was with the realtor. Oh, that was so much fun for me. It may not have been for Arizona, but I got a kick out of it. I couldn't wait to bring our kids home to the place, hopefully I'd be out soon too.

Y/n: Tell April I am not happy with her about all of these traditions, Arizona. I would have liked my soon to be wife with me last night :(

I texted Arizona as I was sitting in my bed, Callie doing my make up and hair as I sit with Sammy in my lap and Sofia on the side of the bed laying on my shoulder. I was skillfully giving Sammy a half braid. 

I finished up her braid as my phone vibrated in my lap.

Arizona: It's April and I will have you know that this is a known tradition that I would not let you break, no matter if you were in the hospital or not, Y/n Karev!

No more than a minute later, another text came in.

Arizona: Sorry baby, April got to my phone before me. I miss you, but we will see each other soon. Then we'll be married. :)

Ugh, I still cannot believe I am marrying this smoke show of a surgeon. 

Y/n: I'm going embarrass myself for a second. I was just thinking how I still cannot believe I am marrying a smoke show of a surgeon. :)

I press send and am still smiling at my phone as Sammy brings me out of my thoughts. 

"Are you talking to Mommy??" She asks me and my mouth goes agape as I looked over to Callie who had a huge smile on her face. Timmy and Sammy have been calling us Auntie Y/n and Auntie Arizona and I didn't think they would call us their moms' so soon.

We had sat them down before and said how we were currently officially their foster parents and hopefully soon we will legally adopt them. So they know what is going on and we have been doing everything they are comfortable with and not forcing them into calling us anything. Honestly, I would be okay with just Y/n with them, but I could not believe my ears when I heard this. 

"Did you just call Arizona mommy, Sammy?" I say with a giant smile on my face. "Just to clarify, I am so happy about that and I am getting a little emotional, but I don't want you to think we are forcing you to call us anything." I quickly follow up with a few tears in my eyes that Callie quickly wiped up as to not ruin the make up.

"I know, Mama. Timmy and I talked and we figured why wait? We are old enough to make decisions on our own and you and mommy have been so good to us. We know it's not important to you both what we call you, but it's really important to us. Sure we miss mom and dad, but I know they would be so happy where we ended up. Mommy may be related to us from dad, but you are just as much our mama as mommy is. Family and love have no boundaries, being with you all has taught me that." Sammy finishes and I was astounded that this came out of this 7 year old's mouth.

"Callie, this mascara better be waterproof!" I say as tears are fully coming down my cheeks this time. I look over to Callie and she is sobbing too. "I love you so much, Sammy Sam. I hope you know that. I will always be here for you. We may have missed some firsts with you two, but we will not be missing any others. Mommy and I will always be with you, and I want you to know that you can come to us for anything you need. A cuddle, a shoulder to cry on for when you're sad, anything baby. I am so happy to have you and Timmy in our lives, I know I cannot replace your mom and dad, but I will do my best to make sure you never forget them either." I finish as I pull Sammy in closer to me.