Paging Dr. Torres

Y/n's POV

Last night was so good, I was so happy to just spend an uncomplicated night with Arizona. We talked to the wee hours of the morning about anything and everything, so I was pretty tired.

I think this was what we needed. Luckily I didn't really have to be in until Dr. Torres came in so I planned to sleep a little longer after Arizona left for work.  

"Hey, beautiful." Arizona whispered in my ear. I started to turn around and slowly open my eyes. 

I buried my head in her chest and pulled her closer to me. "Can't you just skip this morning and come in with me later?" I ask her. "I would love nothing more than to stay cuddled up with you all day long, but Dr. Herman is letting me do a good portion of the surgery today." She says excitedly.

"Darn it, maybe I'll be able to pop in and see it for a few. I'm meeting Dr. Torres who is flying in from New York to help on a surgery." I tell her. "O-oh. Okay. Fun!" She tells me. A little too overexcited, but I let it slide. 

She gets up and starts to get ready, kind of avoiding talking to me so I just let it go.

She's ready to leave so I make her coffee and hand it to her. "I'll see you soon, good luck on your surgery. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch some of it. I love you." I tell her with sweet eyes. 

"You too. See you later." She tells me flatly and rushes out the door. 

What the hell is going on?

I texted Mer and talked to her about it. 

Y/n: Hey, can you keep an eye on Arizona this morning. She rushed out the door without even saying I love you and we always do. I'm not even sure what I did. We had such a good night.

She answered back fairly quickly.

Meredith: Okay, I'll keep an eye on her. Are you okay?

Y/n: I'm fine, just a little upset. It started when I talked about Dr. Torres. Like I don't get it, what did I do?

Meredith: Oh there it is.

Y/n: What, Mer? What are you talking about?

Meredith: Ugh, I have emergency surgery. I'll see you when you get here!

Dammit, I was about to get to the root of the problem. How did Meredith know what it was and I didn't.

I go back to sleep and rest up for my meet with Dr. Torres. Before I fall asleep, I send a text to Arizona to apologize for this morning.

Y/n: I'm sorry if I did something to upset you this morning. I hope you have a good surgery, I love you. <3 

I put my phone down and drift off to a peaceful sleep.

Arizona's POV

To say I was stressed was the understatement of the year. I don't know why I was so bent about Y/n and Callie meeting. I guess I was nervous that Y/n was going to hate me. 

I definitely made it worse by just leaving our apartment this morning in a rush. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I look at it. It was a text from Y/n.

Y/n: I'm sorry if I did something to upset you this morning. I hope you have a good surgery, I love you. <3 

Wow, I'm a horrible girlfriend. She thinks I'm mad at her now when she should be the one mad at me for being so distant this morning.

I wanted to text her, but I knew it would be better to talk to her in person when she got here.

I walked into the hospital and was immediately greeted by Meredith.