Marauder's Era Remus Lupin x reader [Part 2]

It was the night after my first full moon and I was scared as fuck. I couldn't remember anything. I'd spent the day in the hospital wing with Remus, although I was in a much worse condition than he was. He was out by lunch, whereas I was only released from the wing during dinner, so I just spent the remaining part of the day sat in the common room in the corner, doing some homework. Ink pot, quill, notebook.

Around 7 O'clock, the portrait swung open and in walked James and Remus. I set my quill down and stared at them for a moment as they laughed, talking to each other. 

"You really kept an eye on me?" James nodded as someone poked their head around the corner of the portrait.

"Yeah." It was Peter and Sirius. I stood up, rounding the table to go over to them.

"After what I said?" Remus took a step toward me, standing in front of me enough for me to have to look up for my eyes to meet his. My arms were hugging myself while Remus still had his hands in his pockets, towering over me.

"I've gone through this alone, so many times," I stared at him. "Trust me, for the sake of your sanity, it's best to just always let them help." I looked down to the ground, feeling tears well in my eyes, as Remus removed one of his hands from his pocket, gently setting it onto my head and lightly ruffling my hair.

"We'll be upstairs." James ushered his friends up the stairs, although I knew they were only at the top of the stairs listening in.

"I'm sorry I did this to you..." I felt Remus rest his head on mine. "I'm so fucking sorry..." Tears began to trickle down my face. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around Remus' torso, burying my head into his chest as more tears fell from my eyes. His sweater muffled my quiet cries. "I'm so sorry you have to got through this too..." He buried his face into my hair, hugging me, guilt evident in his voice. 

"At least you didn't rip my arm off." I laughed through my tears, Remus chuckled dryly. 

"That's why they're good to have around..." I smiled, sobbing. 

"They were protecting me..." The realisation had finally dawned on me. They had been trying to prevent Remus more psychological trauma, but they were trying to stop me from getting seriously injured, that's why Peter was so eager to get me to the hospital wing. 
Remus nodded, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of my head. I took a small step back, looking up at him, only to notice that his eyes wee bloodshot and the end of his nose was red. I smiled sadly. "You have some great friends." I laughed under my breath. Remus nodded. 

"They're your friends too." I peeked around Rem a little to look at the stairs and saw the three boys quickly hide behind the wall once again. I smiled. 

"Yeah...I guess they are." Another thought hit me and I groaned with a smile. "I'm going to have scars, aren't I?" Remus nodded with a smirk, leaning down to me a little. 

"Guess we'll match." I smiled softly as he tentatively and tenderly pressed his lips to mine.

_________________________

I huffed, dropping into a seat at the Gryffindor table at dinner. I settled myself into the space beside Remus, James and Lily opposite us With Sirius and Marlene, while Alice, Peter and Mary were sat on our side. 

"Why are you so chipper?" Sirius teased, taunting my foul mood. 

"Fucking Snape." Lily and Alice shared looks, sipping their pumpkin juice. "What?" I asked, looking between them. 

"We didn't think we should say anything...but we overheard Regulus and Severus talking about getting you expelled, or really hurt." I stared at my sister before hitting her upside the head. She immediately grabbed the back of her head and whined. 

"That's not something to tell me?" She smiled awkwardly and shrugged. "What'd they say?"

"They're telling everyone you're a werewolf." I immediately looked over to Sirius, who was stuffing his face with some mash potato. 

"What?"

"Did you tell Regulus?" The disowned Black stared at me. 

"I ain't told anyone shit about Remus, let alone you." He chuckled, nodding to the sandy blond beside me. 

"How do they know then?" Marlene asked, all of us turning around to look over to the Slytherin table, where the two were talking to a few others. I bit my lip nervously as Severus' eyes met mine, a smirk crossing his lips. 

"I'm going to my room." I quickly got up from my seat, heading over to the doors when I noticed a couple of Slytherin's stand up. "Oh shit..." I muttered, hurrying down the corridor. 

I whipped around when I heard a spell fly. With an untucked shirt, messy hair, no robe, and the lack of any chill, was Remus John Lupin. I stared at him in surprise as I noticed the red smeared on his lip and dripping from his nose, also dusting the knuckles of his hands as he gripped his wand. I looked at the ground near me and recognised Severus Snape pushing himself up from the ground. My eyes widened as Remus began to stalk down the corridor towards the Slytherin. 
I gasped when my boyfriend grabbed the front of Snape's robe, tugging him up from the floor before pinning him to the wall with his wand pointed to his throat, Severus' robes still balled in his fist. 

"Sticking up for your kind, Lupin?" Severus spat with a laugh, only to earn Remus wand pressed into his throat even more. "Nasty set of scars she's got now, you bite her?" Snape continued, snickering and smirking when it seemed to gain more of a reaction from the 6'2" teenager. I could see Remus' knuckles turning white. "Bet she's terrified of you, Loony Lupin. She's a monster, just like you." A gasp left my throat when Remus grabbed his shoulders, bending him over as he drove his knee into his stomach. My hand covered my mouth. "Your mind's always in a different place-" Remus drove his knee into Severus' stomach again, and again, and again, until the boy was coughing and sputtering. I just stared at the pair as the remaining Marauder's and my friends. I took a hesitant step away from the two. 

"Oi, Moony!" Remus kept going until all three of his friends yanked him from the Slytherin. "Mate! You need to relax!" Remus want panting, his jaw clenched as he glared as Severus, who was using the wall to keep himself up as he tried to catch his breath. 

"Any of you sick fucks try and even touch her again, and I'll kill you myself." He was fighting the restraints his friends were acting as. "You hear me, Snivellous, I'll fucking kill you!"

"Mister Lupin!" We heard be shouted from the end of the corridor. He yanked himself away from his friends, bringing his hand up to his nose and wiping away the blood, before lightly touching his lip, noticing the blood on his skin, dragging his tongue over his canines in frustration. 

"Bet that felt good, Loony, releasing all the anger from the moon-" I looked to my left and swung my fist, landing a hard punch to Severus' face, hearing the pop of his nose breaking. I huffed, shaking my hand to rid my knuckles of the pain. Our friends stared at me in surprise. 

"That, felt good." A smirk slipped onto my lips.