Marauder's Era: James Potter {Part 1}

"Remus John Lupin!" The teenager in question shared a curious but nervous look with the three of his friends, a voice echoing from the portrait hole and to their room. "Are you mental?!" At this point all four Marauders were confused.

"Oi Moony, what did you do?" James asked, only for Remus to shake his head with a shrug.

"Nothing I can think of."

"So probably something." Sirius chuckled, setting his drink down beside where he sat. Remus laughed.

"Probably."

Footsteps began to climb the stairs to the boys dorms.

"Are you out of your mind?!" Remus tilted his head and looked over to James.

"Isn't that Lily?" James slowly nodded.

"Why's she screaming at you? It's usually at me..."

The door opened and the muggleborn was stood there, her eyes immediately landing on the blonde of the group.

"Where is she?" Remus just started at her before his face contorted into one of confusion.

"Who?"

"(Y/n), you idiot! Where is she?!" The Marauders shared looks once more, confused but now a little worried. Remus shrugged.

"I-I don't know, we haven't seen her since dinner last night-" He answered, looking to the boys for confirmation, they all nodded, leading to James speaking.

"We thought she was with you all day-"

"Well no ones seen her since dinner." Lily stated, causing the boys to freeze up. Sirius, James, and Peter slowly turned to look at Remus.

"It was a full moon last night, mate."

"Do you remember anything yet?" Peter asked, setting his hand of cards down, just as the others did.

"I swear to god, to everything, on my own life, I would never hurt her. If she came into that forest, it was your jobs to keep her away from me, or me away from her." Remus glared at his friends. "She's my sister, why would I attack her? I'm her older brother my job is to protect h-" he stood up, not even finishing his sentence. "I need to find her." He then sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Fucks sake..." And with that, he was leaving the room and heading down the stairs and into the common room.

Immediately Remus froze. There, stumbling through the portrait hole, was a bloodied, faltering girl. (H/c) hair matted and clothes torn. Her chest was heaving and her fingers were clawing at the stone walls in an attempt to keep herself upright. Her eyes met his. Remus' eyes widened in horror-filled surprise.

"(Y-y/n)....?"

"Rem?" Her voice was quiet in a whisper, although hoarse. "Remus..." Her voice shook as she stumbled towards her brother. Remus was quick to react as her knees gave out, catching her in his arms and carefully letting her to her knees as he sank to the carpet with her. His eyes were searching her body, searching for any source of where this amount of blood could have come from. He was mortified as he cradled his weak, little sister.

"W-what...happened?" (Y/n) just shook her head and buried it into Remus' chest. "(Y/n)." She sniffled, cuddling into him in pain. "What happened?" He spoke through his teeth, forcing it out as he gradually began to feel anger and guilt. (Y/n)'s voice shook as she spoke.

"Y-you know when dad said you were too old," Tears welled in her eyes as she looked up to her brother. ",for the monster under the bed stuff?" Remus slowly nodded, understanding where this was going. "You know w-what happened that night?" With hesitance, Remus nodded once more, carefully peeling up the back of his younger sister's shirt to find the source of blood. He froze when he found it. Footsteps descended the stairs.

"Who was it?" (Y/n) sniffled.

"Fenrir-"

"Lily, Peter." There was a hum from behind Remus. "Take (Y/n) to Madam Pomfrey." Lily and Peter hesitantly knelt beside Remus and raised (Y/n) from Remus' arms. "James."

"Yo."

"Sirius." There was another hum. "What are your grades at the moment?"

"How is that relevant-"

"Sirius." Remus warned.

"I'm getting E's, I think?" Sirius quickly answered. "James?"

"O's as far as I'm aware." Remus nodded, biting his cheek.

"Get your wands."

______________________________

"Okay, Prongsy, I get why Remus went so far, but you didn't need to punch a death eater werewolf-"

"You don't get it! Remus is her brother, biologically, I understand that, that's why they're so close." James shook his head as they walked into the castle. "I don't have any siblings, (Y/n)'s one of the only girls I've ever been friends with-"

"Do you like her?" James immediately fell silent. "Or do you see her as a sister?" James glanced over to where she was, walking out of the hospital wing with Lily and Peter by her side as she smiled softly. "Prongs?" James sighed.

"Yeah?"

"You like her, don't you?" He nodded, looking from you to his best friend. "You'd be a great boyfriend to her. I mean, she might go through what Moony does...and you know how to help her with that..."