Ch. 87: Darken Souls

Howdy readers!! Happy holidays to all! Hope everyone is doing well this holiday season. Here it is at long last my newest chapter of my story. I understand it's been about 2 months without new content and I am really story about it. I made an announcement over my own Wattpad page about 1-2 weeks ago, explaining it, and long story short, I have been really slow lately. Now don't fuzz! Based on the stats of my story, I can understand this story is too good for you guys, so I'm gonna continue updating til the very end, it just it's gonna be random, and by random, I mean each chapter might be released early or later. I sure hope you understand. You never know I might be very busy with life, or dealing with potential burnouts which I have dealt with before. But for now, enjoy this latest chapter and happy holidays!! Don't forget! Any suggestions and tips for improvements are appreciated! Thank you!❤️❤️

Now at the tallest peak of Sacred Square, Sonic, Shantae, Falvia, and the rest entered the peak where Doku-Ous and her pink crow went to get back the Infinite Ruby she stole from them. Upon entering the tallest peak, they find Doku-Ous on top of the tower edge, waiting for them to arrive.

"Right on time!" Doku-Ous said, "And here I thought it would take you longer. Sure glad it didn't. I have would have been bored by then."

"Can it with that playful attitude of yours!!" Sonic said, "You know darn well what we're for."

"Oh!" Doku-Ous expressed, "It's this one, isn't it?"

Shantae came up to confirm it, asking her to hand it over to them. As they expected, the pink-haired maid decline their commands, waving her finger left and right for an answer, no.

"Sorry cuties." Doku-Ous said with her eyes closed, "No can do. Don't think I would give away the Infinite Ruby that easily right? Wouldn't you agree Miss Falvia?"

As soon as she opens her eyes, the Ruby was gone, making her panic for a second and see the Ruby now at the heroes' side, seeing the Ruby in Sonic's hand.

"Hey!!" Yelled Doku-Ous "No fair!"

"Hey now!" Sonic said, "Life isn't fair. We got the Ruby now, so we'll be our way to purify this world. Unless we have to deal with you and your bird."

"Oh boo hoo." Said Doku-Ous with a sassy voice "You seem to have seen right through. I am the servant of Dark Sin after all, so it's basically my job to retrieve the Ruby. Luckily for me, I have another option available."

Curious about Doku-Ous' "another option," Falvia have a look around the area, and from above, she see a large fellow with hands up, about to pound.

"LOOK OUT!!" She yelled, first pushing Sonic and Shantae out of the way first, then the others follow, avoiding the attack from above, surprising them.

"At this point," Mega Man said, "I believe it's clear what coming next."

The big fellow that attacked our heroes have been revealed to be Gut Man, just like all the others, possessed with darkness Falvia's father injected him with.

"Gut Man." Mega Man said.

"I take it you know this big fella Mega Man?" Asked Banjo.

"Sure do." Mega Man answered, "And let me just say, he could quite a hothead."

"This "Hothead" you speak of isn't the only one here besides Lord Sin's maid."

After Gut Man said his first words upon meeting Mega Man and the others, three shurikens came out of nowhere, almost hitting one of them, catching our heroes off guards. One of them spots a shadowy figure from the distance, who later joins with Gut Man, revealing himself as Espio The Chameleon.