Ch. 70: Full Reset

Now that Orre has been defeated in frozen ice, Sonic, Shantae, and the rest of the team now takes it easy, trying to catch their breath for a moment. As team leader Sonic is taking a break, he hears metal parts falling on the parts, wondered where it is coming from. Sonic immediately realized the moment he looked up and found Falvia is now being freed from Orre's bent metal around her. With Orre gone, the metal are now loosen up and drop down, along with Falvia, holding the Infinite Ruby. Sonic rushes in and catches her before she could hit the platform. Sonic was glad he managed to catch Falvia before she got hurt. 

"You alright Falvia?" Asked Sonic. 

"Yes." Falvia asked "I'm alright thanks to you." 

Sonic gets up from the ground and help Falvia up on her feet. The rest of the team joins them, seeing if Falvia was okay. Kirby tried talking to her through his baby talk. As always, Falvia is a bit mindless what Kirby is saying, looking at the Star Warrior a bit funny.

"I still don't get what your pink ally is trying to say to me," Falvia "but I'm guessing you're concerned about me, so I appreciate that Kirby. But I'm fine, really." 

Kirby smiles at Falvia to see she's all good. Mega Man points out Falvia has the Infinite Ruby in her hand. As soon as Mega Man points out that Falvia has the Ruby, she hands the Ruby to Sonic for him to hold on. Sonic have a look at the Infinite Ruby, witnessing this red, beautiful Ruby. 

"We got it guys." Sonic said "We got our first Infinite Ruby by our side."

"ALL RIGHT!!" Shouted Spyro "No way Dark Sin getting his green hands on these things' full potential now." 

"You can say that again Spyro."  Mega Man. 

Sonic smiled at the team as he holds up the Ruby in his hand, quite proud what he and the heroes have achieved to get their hands on one of the powerful gems Dark Sin is after. However, things took a little twist in something else's favor without our heroes being aware of it. The Ruby got attached and swiped away from Sonic's hand by a hook that yanked the Ruby away from, catching everyone but Sonic by surprise as Sonic have his eyes closed for a moment. Sonic can feel that he does not have the Ruby anymore by closing and opening his hand, believing something bad must have happened.

"I'm not holding the Infinite Ruby am I?" Sonic guessed. 

"I really hate to burst your bubble Sonic," Shantae added "but, yeah, you don't have it anymore." 

Sonic opens his eyes and bring his hand near just to find the Ruby he was holding already gone. Banjo and Kazooie alerted the team where did the hook come from, and who stole it from them. As the hook reared in the Infinite Ruby, it is the 4 mysterious figures that Sonic, Shantae, and the team heard about from Iris in the air. The tall girl with a white hat, holding a strange magical staff, a limbless fellow with loose hands and feet, a robot or astronaut fellow with a big white head with pink hands and feet with a pink antenna attached on the head, and a child with a top hat and a cape (who is also the one who stole the Infinite Ruby from Sonic), all of them which are riding on an odd-looking big plate in a way of transportation. The Team Of Heart And Hope confronted the group as the child have stolen the Infinite Ruby from them. 

"Hey you!" Sonic shouted "Give that back!" 

"I got this!" Mega Man insisted "Rush!"

Rush barks in response come flying towards Mega Man to fuse with him, getting the Super Adapter Armor. Mega Man flies up the moment he got the Super Adapter on and have Spyro backing him up, both heroes flying towards the group that stole the Infinite Ruby.

"Ōno! Soto o Miru! Karera wa watashitachi ni mukatte kite imasu! (Oh no! Lookout! They're coming towards us!)" Said the tall girl with the staff who is seen to be speaking Japanese.