Ch. 53: Lucky Survivors

About half a hour later, our heroes Sonic, Shantae, Kirby, Spyro, Mega Man, and Rush are knocked out cold while trapped and stick together in some, green, sticky, gum-like trap that have all our heroes (most of them) trapped together. About a moment later, Sonic is the first to slowly wake up, trying his best to open his eyes. As he opened his eyes, he found himself inside a submarine, the same submarine that was inside of Dr. Light's laboratory. Sonic acted surprised as he finds himself in a submarine, trapped in some gum trap with Shantae and his teammates.

"Psss, Shantae?" Sonic tried to wake Shantae up "Pss, Shantae."

Shantae makes mumble noises softly as she is resting, couldn't react to Sonic's words.

"Psss, Shantae."

"Mmm, but Uncle Mimic," Shantae talked to herself in her sleep "I hate vegetables."

Annoyed that Shantae isn't responding to Sonic's call and isn't waking up, he forcefully yells at Shantae in the ear to her up already.

"SHANTAE!!!" Shouted Sonic, automatically waking Shantae up from her nap.

Shantae got surprised by Sonic's yelling and woke up, finding herself trapped in some gum with Sonic, and the rest. Not only did Sonic woke up Shantae, but the way he shouted also woke up the rest of the team. Kirby, Spyro, Mega Man, and Rush, all woke up from their unexpected nap. 

"Wha, what happen?" Asked Spyro. 

As they realized, they are all trapped in the same gum trap that have them all in one place. 

"What is this stuff?" Asked Mega Man "It's like bubble gum for some reason.

"That because, it is bubble gum." Said an unknown voice nearby, catching the heroes' attention.

Sonic, Shantae, and the rest look around and find some shadowy figures, hiding in the dark, looking at them. Rush begins growling at the figures, then began barking. 

"All right now you creeps," Sonic said "who you think you are? Let us go of this things." 

"Now why would we do that?" Asked a woman's voice "To let you spread your dark germs even further?"

The shadowy figures steps out of the dark, and revealed themselves as random scientists, a woman with a body robe and a big hair bum with big glasses, a nerd looking science man with orange hair and goofy looking glasses, and a another science man with brown hair, and small glasses. By getting a good look at them all, none of them seem to be possessed by Dark Sin's  Shantae gets a feeling that she see them before. 

"Wait a minute," Shantae added "I seen you three before." 

"You have?" Asked all the boys with Shantae. 

Hearing Shantae have claimed to know the scientists, they doubt her so as they get the feeling the heroes may be under Dark Sin's control, like how Sky, Tails, Banana Dee, and Hunter were. 

"Yeah right," The woman doubted "like if we're that stupid to believe that junk." 

"But I do!" Shantae admits "I know you guys are." 

"All right then," the nerdy scientist steps in "Prove it by saying our names."

As the nerdy scientist set up a question, Shantae is just sitting with the other heroes, making a weird, nervous face, staying quiet while everyone else is waiting for a answer. As she was taking far too long to answer, it was a clear sign that Shantae does not know the names of the scientists. 

"You have no ideas, who their names are, don't you?" Asked Sonic. 

"I, I wouldn't I don't know their names," Shantae said "It just wasn't my plan to remember during my, uh, vacation trip?"