Ch. 68: Metal-Bending

A short while after leaving the corrupted generator room, our heroes got even deeper within Dr. Wily's Gear Fortress. Our heroes witness the damages that is done here, only except the damages are worse than the generator room. 

"Sheesh!" Sonic expressed "Your pal Wily isn't gonna like what happens to this place of his by the time this mess is behind us." 

"Well, the truth in the matter is," Mega Man confirms "This place was destroyed not so long ago. Dr. Wily managed to rebuild almost a year." 

"Really?" Falvia is surprised.

"This Dr. Wily of yours doesn't know when to quit doesn't he?" Spyro assumes. 

"Don't all our enemies won't?" Asked Kazooie. 

With how far back they are with time, the team pushes on by climbing up the ladder that's in front of them, all but Spyro and Rush who just fly up simply. Once they reached new grounds, they keep on moving forwards in this Gear Fortress as the senses Falvia is feeling are getting stronger as they move forward. They come across of Dark Sin's followers, who has fallen in battle and just laying on the ground out cold. 

"Hmm, these new guys mean business." Sonic added. 

"I do hope their business isn't sinister." Mega Man responded. 

They keep on moving and found an odd-looking door that opens for them, letting them in, then closes behind them. Upon entering this area, the team sees they need to jump on the small platform attached to the metal wire, taking them up. 

"The Ruby's nearby." Said Falvia "I can feel a much stronger connection."

"Then looks like we'll have to take this route to move on and put an end to this madness in Mega Man's world." 

Out of nowhere, Sonic grabs and carries Falvia by surprise, holding onto with his two hands. 

"Need a lift?" Asked Sonic, seeing Falvia lightly blushed at him. 

"Oh!" Falvia blushed as she got surprised when Sonic grabs her and carries her out of nowhere "I mean, uhh?" 

"I'll take that as a yes!" Sonic added. 

Sonic jumps forward with Falvia in his hands and lands on one of the small platforms, taking them up for a ride.

"Oh Sonic." Shantae said "You charming little-"

"Don't you said it!" Mega Man interrupted Shantae "Don't you dare say it!" 

"Hedgehog!" Shantae finished her sentence "I was going to say hedgehog! I'm not that much of a potty mouth like Kazooie here." 

Shantae jumps forward and lands on the platform nearby, catching up with Sonic and Falvia, with Kazooie calling out for her after what the half-genie said. 

"In all fairness," Spyro steps in "Shantae totally got you there."

Spyro jumps next and lands on the platform and so did Kirby, leaving only Mega Man and the hairy duo left to take their spot to catch up and find the Infinite Ruby and maybe the mysterious figures. 

"Well," Mega Man speaks "It's no help by just standing around. Let's get a move on and catch up with the others." 

Mega Man takes a good jump on the platform he sees and rides on to catch up with the team. Banjo shouted at Mega Man and the bunch, begging them to wait for them and force Banjo to jump forward and safely landed on the moving platform. Now the whole team is riding the moving one person, allowing this ride to take where they need to go by going up, passing through the tight gears and other metal parts. Took a while, but the ride now takes our heroes to the right now, passing through more gears and metal parts our heroes see in lifeless ruins. They went again for a short while, then went right again, then goes down, and keep taking necessary turns as the ride went.