Ch. 88: The Master Of Pain

With the defeat of Gut Man, Espio, Bianca, and Hypno Baron, Sonic, Shantae, and their team take a breather after taking down their allies that got corrupted by Dark Sin's power, now waiting for the darkness to come out of them. While they waiting for Espio, Bianca, Gut Man, and Hypno Baron, Crop The Pink Crow slowly flies down to put down Doku-Ous, who is clapping slowly for our heroes' victory, catching our heroes' attention.

"Well done cuties." She said, "Well done indeed! You know how to put it up a good show!"

Doku-Ous drops down on the ground while the heroes are on their guard.

"I'm impressed." Doku-Ous said, "normally, any pathetic sinner would be crushed so easily, but you cuties got a potential than I realize."

"About you cut the cute stuff and hand over the Ruby now."

"Okay then." Doku-Ous agreed, "Here you go."

Doku-Ous tossed the Infinite Ruby she had in her hands and gave it to the heroes willingly. Shantae catches it with her hands. Once Shantae grabbed the red stone, she takes a good look at the beautiful red stone with all the others. While they are happy they acquired the Infinite Ruby, they did however find it strange how Doku-Ous just casually gave the Ruby without a fight.

"What?" Asked Shantae.

"Huh?" Doku-Ous responds, "You guys don't want it?

"W- We do!" Shantae answered, "But.......really? Just like that? No fight? Resistance? Talkbacks? No something?

Doku-Ous nodded no, not bothering of hiding any tricks under her maid dress.

"Nope." Doku-Ous answered, "It's already clear that you cuties are guaranteed to win anyway. And judging how you managed to have defeated about half of my team, it's pretty obvious you're gonna win."

"Is it because we, have you outnumbered?" Asked Mega Man.

Doku-Ous giggle for a moment once Mega Man speak after answering what he believes was correct.

"Uh, mind telling us what's so funny?" Shantae asked.

"I'm giggling because of how silly the robot cutie answered." Doku-Ous responds, "It's not because you have me outnumbered. It's because you guys have plot armor."

And thus, that's when all the heroes (apart from Kazooie), Falvia, and Screenshot included became confused, looking at her with weird, confused faces with slightly big white eyes.

"Wha?" Sonic asked, so confused right now.

"Oh yes!" Said Doku-Ous, "From what I can see, all you cuties here are the main protagonists of this fanfic. Therefore, you are all granted with plot armor. Oh, that's right! How can I forget about the power of love and friendship too? Why, the author sure does give you cuties some good stuff."

The team continues to look at Doku-Ous with their weird looks, doesn't seem to understand what she's saying at all, doesn't know how to respond after her fourth-wall statement.

"Plot armor?" Spyro repeats in question, "Are you okay?" You're not taking anything.......harmful right?"

"Please tell me that is a joke." Kazooie speaks.

With the confusion over Doku-Ous became annoyed and disappointed of the team for not understanding Doku-Ous' fourth wall statement.

"You guys can't be serious." Kazooie said.

Kirby looks at Kazooie with a response of his iconic baby line.

"Were you guys even paying attention to your respective series?" Asked Kazooie.