Ch. 34: The Journey Apart

While on their way to find Sonic and the others while riding on the hot air balloon, Shantae struggles to lift Mega Man up and get him inside the basket with her and Kirby, using her long hair.

"What's a hold up there?" Asked Mega Man.

"Sorry Mega Man!" Shantae shouted "It's just that, carrying stuff, dragging, and lifting them with my hair isn't my habits."

"Are you serious?" Asked Mega Man "You whip stuff for a living!"

"Yeah, whipping," Shantae said "not lifting like I'm doing now!"

Shantae keeps trying to lift Mega Man up to get him inside the basket with them. Eventually, Shantae is able to lift Mega Man and got him inside the basket for the rest of the ride.

"Thanks." Said Mega Man "Some experience I had for a minute and a half."

Mega Man stands up with Shantae and Kirby, and the three heroes watches the view while riding on the hot air balloon, keeping a lookout for any land they could see.

"So how we know when Sonic and the rest could be around here or what not?" Asked Mega Man "That thick root back there was just a clue of a kidnapper, or this cases, kidnappers."

"Well," Shantae said "all I can say is that by any chance Sonic and the others just got kidnapped recently, there is so no way they could have gone far. Especially when having to travel in the air to get across the ocean."

Just a little while later, Shantae, Mega Man, and Kirby finds a land ahead. From point view, they find a land that look more a desert and Grand canyon sort of land. Kirby points out the land to show Shantae and Mega Man.

"There it is, there our first land there." Said Mega Man.

"Perfect!" Said Shantae "Now we need to do is to get down there and start our-"

Just before Shantae could finish talking, they heard a sound, and felt the basket took a hit. Shantae starts her investigate of it, and found a arrow that hit the basket. She yanked it out and bring it in the basket for Mega Man and Kirby to see.

"Search?" Shantae said as she questioned the arrow.

Shantae turns back in front to see what would happen next. After seeing what is in front, Shantae makes a panic face, her eyes shrunk, and her mouth wide and closed. Many arrows in front are coming towards Shantae and the boys in their hot air balloon ride, aiming at them in sight.

"ARROWS?!" Shantae and Mega Man panicked.

Shantae, Mega Man, and Kirby takes cover from the arrows, ducking inside the basket to prevent themselves getting hit by any arrows. Some arrows hits the basket, but a great majority of them are aiming at the hot air balloon as main target, trying to bring the heroes down by bringing their ride down.

"They're aiming at the balloon!!" Mega Man Shouted.

"Please tell me that hot air balloon don't pop." Shantae added.

"Don't be silly!" Said Mega Man "Hot air Balloon don't necessarily-"

Before Mega Man could finish talking, one specific arrow hits the hot air balloon, and the balloon popped.............literally.

"Pop?" Mega Man questioned the popping sound.

Shantae, Kirby, and Mega Man begins to come crashing in a free fall, losing control and going down into the ocean. Shantae, Mega Man, and Kirby screams for their lives as they come crashing down. The basket ride hits the docks, and destroys it, sinking the ride as a result. After a while now the docks were destroyed, Shantae has risen up from the water in a form of a mermaid, seeing she is the only one who rose up from the balloon crash.