Ch. 46: A Force Of Elements

After Vortex have washed down Sonic, Shantae, and everyone else with them, Falvia was the first to rise up a little, and see everyone pinned down. As she looks around to see if anyone is up, she found Sonic and Shantae together with the Infinite Ruby near them. She rush to them for aid to see if they are okay.

"Sonic, Shantae?" Asked Falvia "Are you too okay?"

Either of them have reacted and responded to Falvia, made Falvia to shake them both in hopes of waking them up.

"Come on you two, say something." Falvia begged.

After a few more shakes, Sonic and Shantae started couching out waters they may have swallowed during the attack and begins to wake up, seeing Falvia's worried face as the first thing they see.

"Falvia?" Asked Sonic.

"What happened here?" Asked Shantae.

"Not so fast home girl and little rodent." Said Vortex out of nowhere.

Vortex quickly attacks Sonic and Shantae with his powers, only this time with lighting strikes, hitting them both at once and keeping them away from Falvia and the Ruby. After getting Sonic and Shantae out of way, Vortex now move near Falvia in his ice like disc board he use as a way of transportation, have her and the Infinite Ruby within his reach. Seeing that Vortex is near her, Falvia tries to grab the Ruby as soon as possible, but was too late when Vortex summons a gust of wind that lifted the Infinite Ruby up, catching it in his hand. All that Falvia can do is look at Vortex fearfully.

"How you and I have a talk elsewhere sugar cakes?" Vortex suggested. 

It didn't took long before Sonic, Shantae, and all the rest gets up after taking a body full of Vortex's water swirl. Sonic and Shantae sees Vortex taking off with Falvia and the Infinite Ruby, forcing them to take action quick.

"No!!" Shouted Sonic and Shantae at the same time.

Shantae whips her hair and grabbed onto Vortex's ice flying disc, preventing him from taking off. Then Sonic goes on after him and goes for a Homing Attack. Vortex managed to counter Sonic's Homing Attack and hits Sonic with his Electric Punch, pushing him back and made him crashed into Shantae which made her unwrap her hair on Vortex's disc.

"Sorry little rodent and home girl," said Vortex "I got places to be now, with this little traitor here, and this Ruby. But don't worry! I'm not leaving just yet. I still have to deal with you for what you did."

Vortex goes flying off with Falvia and the Infinite Ruby, made Falvia scream out for Sonic and Shantae. Sonic and Shantae also screams out for Falvia too as she is being taken away by Vortex.

"Until then," Vortex shouted "I'll be waiting!"

Vortex and Falvia disappeared in the dark sky, now out of sight where the heroes cannot see them anymore. Sonic and Shantae keeps looking at the sky, and got frustrated that Vortex got away with not just with Falvia, but also the Infinite Ruby with him. 

"Drat!" Shantae said "He got away!"

"And not only he got Falvia," Sonic added "but he got the Infinite Ruby too. We had in our hands, and that jerk jumps in and ruin everything."

As they are stranded in this island, Sonic and Shantae can see everyone who was caught in the water swirl begins to get up including their team, only leaving one uninvolved being Dyna Blade, who appeared to be sleeping while everyone else was inside. Taranza looks up at the rainbow monster and see her sleeping.

"HAVE YOU BEEN SLEEPING THIS WHOLE TIME?!" Shouted Taranza, waking Dyna Blade up "WE COULD USE YOUR HELP!!"

Dyna Blade yawns as a result, stretches her body and wings, and begins to stand up all dry and the rest are all wet.  Some of them tried drying themselves up by either shaking their bodies all around or even use their power to dry up like Zapple letting out a small discharge to dry herself up, and Marx opening himself up in two and wiggle to shake off the water. Sonic and Shantae walks over to the rest to see if they are fine.