Ch. 4: Nightmare Over Dream (Shantae's Story)

Moving on the edge of a open ocean, we stop by a house at the edge of a bridge, near the ocean. Inside this house lives a heroic genie (half genie really) hero, known as Shantae. Shantae is in bed, sleeping like a beautiful angel, or sleeping like a sloppy animal, and snores very loudly, her hair all messy, and leak drools on her own bed. I believe it's safe to say that Shantae had a long day yesterday, helping out people, whipping up some bad guys, making sure Bolo doesn't get eaten by Wrench, helping out her Uncle Mimic with his invention. Yup! Definitely could have been all of that. Just outside her house, Bolo and Sky walk together to her house, just to have her get to work again. When they reached her house, Bolo and Sky can hear Shantae's loud snoring, giving them a sign that she is really tired.

"Sheesh! Bolo expressed "Yesterday sure was exhausting for Shantae."

"She did had a very long day really." Sky explains "Clearing out Tinkerbats, helping out the manor with his pickle problem, had to help her uncle clean up his own invention after it exploded, and had to pull you out of Wrench he was devouring you alive."

Bolo shamefully touch his nose between his eyes and said: "I think it's best not to bring that up. Can we just get this over with already?"

"Sure," Sky answered "why not. Shantae does need to work too."

Both Sky and Bolo knocks on Shantae's door, trying to wake Shantae up and getting her attention. They started shouting out her name to really wake her up. After a while, Shantae woke up, made a big yawn, with her own hair, very messy. Shantae gets out of bed and goes down in the living room, but Shantae wasn't paying of what she is doing, ending up crashing to the floor before grabbing onto the ropes. Sky and Bolo can hear crashing sound inside the house, assuming that was Shantae who came crashing, got them wondering if slipped into something, or just wasn't paying attention of her surroundings.

"Pretty sure that was Shantae." Said Sky.

"Wouldn't have been simple to have stairs." Said Bolo "So she wouldn't have to deal with the rope thing."

Shantae gets back up afterwards after falling from her bedroom to her living room. She hears knocks on her door. She answered it and there is Sky and Bolo waiting.

"Hey Shantae." Greeted Sky.

"Ready for work?" Asked Bolo.

"Morning fellas." Shantae responded while yawning "What time is it?"

"It's 9:36 am." Bolo answered "You're already late for work."

Shantae got surprised to Bolo when he said the current time, asking them both Sky and Bolo to wait. They say they can wait for Shantae to get ready. She thanked them and goes back in the house to take a bubble bath, bathing herself and have some breakfast too, being a bowl of cereal with orange juice on the side. It took Shantae no less than 30 minutes to get prepared. After that time, Shantae steps out of the house, with her usually usually genie outfit. Shantae can see her friends, waiting for her. She smiled as a result.

"Ready you guys?" Asked Shantae.

"Yeah!" Bolo said "Let's get going now!"

Shantae, Sky, and Bolo now get on going to town to start working by walking on the dock from her house, to town, being Scuttle town. Now in Scuttle Town, in the workshop, Mimic is working on a new invention that should help improving the town a bit. He then heard footsteps behind him, giving a sign that someone is walking into his workshop. When he turns around, he sees Bolo and Sky came back, with Shantae this time.

"Ah, Shantae!" Mimic said "Good to see you're up and running dear. Ready to hear about my latest invention?"

"What is it uncle?" Asked Shantae.