Ch. 79: Fragile Feelings

On their way to find Kirby in their path to King Dedede's castle, Sonic, Shantae, Falvia, and the rest of the team chase after Kirby of where he did have gone off to, and his trail have to lead our heroes to the Fruity Forest. Mega Man's sensor picks up Kirby's trail into the fruity forest, having them to go into the forest to track down their little friend. 

"Looks like Kirby made his way into this forest." Mega Man claims. 

"Nice work Mega Man!" Sonic added "Now, one thing left is to bring him back. I understand he wants his home back, but doing it alone is not the way to go."

"We can only hope we can find your little friend before he gets into trouble." Falvia responded. 

"You're right Falvia." Sonic agrees "The sooner we find we Kirby, the better." 

The team goes right into the fruity forest to track down Kirby of where he might be. When the team has entered this forest, this forest is rather empty. There seem to be no one presents here in this forest. And they still haven't as they walk down the path of Fruity Forest, making this chase pretty too easy for them. 

"Something doesn't feel right." Shantae said "This forest is really empty. Where is everyone?" 

"You're right!" Banjo agrees "Normally we have to fight our way through with a bunch of monster and followers, but now, we don't. I am getting a feeling we could be walking into a trap Dark Sin's Elite Force may have set up for us." 

"That's reasonable." Sonic admits "but it's gonna take more than traps to stop us." 

Even though the environment is empty and danger-free, there sure is a bunch of fruits in trees, which kinda gives Mega Man the idea of why Kirby ran off.

"I think coming here, may have gives us an answer why Kirby ran off." Mega Man claims "He must have been hungry. I mean, look around you." 

Sonic and the others take some sightseeing around this forest and noticed the many types of fruit all around them, from fruits like apples to other fruits like oranges, cherries, etc, making them agreeing with Mega Man's statement about Kirby being hungry. Upon talking about the fruits and looking at the dead food, the stomachs of our heroes (excluding Mega Man and Falvia) began to growl, alerting our heroes in need for some food. 

"Goodness!" Banjo said "All this talking food is making me hungry!" 

"I can't remember when was the last time we all ate." Spyro complains. 

"I don't think none of us here have gotten a bite yet Spyro." Shantae said while rubbing her empty stomach "Apart me and Sonic a while ago back from Banjo and Kazooie's world. I wonder if these fruits here are safely edible to chew on?" 

"To what?" Sonic asked "Poison us?"

"NO!" Shantae raises her voice "I don't think it can poison us!! It may look like they're dead and lifeless, but I am really hungry right now! Plus, I doubt there any additional affects behind Dark Sin's power, right Falvia?"

Falvia confirms that her father's powers has no other additional affects other than taking life away from the worlds' environment, and turning any living thing into his own puppets. 

"See?" Shantae corrected Sonic "I'm sure we'll be fun."

Spyro takes the step further to see for himself by flying over to one of the nearby fruit trees. There, he ripped off an apple and starts eating it. From his expression, Spyro isn't satisfied with the apple he is eating, and also confused too for whatever reason. 

"What's a matter?" Falvia asked. 

"I'm tasting nothing." Spyro answered. 

"What do you mean you're tasting nothing?" Asked Kazooie "You're eating an apple!"