Monster cuddles

(art by altblock on tumblr) 

Max didn't know how he shrunk, but he did. Suddenly the giant monster was half the size he was before, and the helicopters were still shooting at him. He panicked, crying and trying to hide from them (which is very difficult if you are a giant Lago-monster) but eventually he found a spot where the helicopters couldn't see him. As his luck would have it, he managed to hide on straight street, in front of him and Sam's building no less. He sat down, hugging his knees and letting out soft whimpers. He missed being small... Being a big monster was fun for a while, but then it got boring.. He missed eating corn dogs, missed biting and scratching people up close, missed shooting his gun..
Most of all, he missed being held by Sam... and now he was alone.. All alone... he cries gently.

But he wasn't alone for long.

"MAX!"

Soon he felt a small warm sensation on his side. He looked down to see none other than Sam hugging as much of his giant waist as he could. Sam looked up at him. "Hi little buddy! Or, I guess, big buddy!" He spoke loud enough that Max could hear him, but not so loud that he was shouting. Max smiled widely, leaning down and picking him up in his giant hands, bringing him to his face. Sam smiled, placing a hand in between his large eyes and nuzzling his tentacly nose. "I've missed you a whole lot." max growled softly, as if to say "I missed you too." Sam sits down in his hands and Max very gently cuddles him next to his face. Sam placed a few gentle kisses on his face which made him giggle. Max growled questioningly, asking "aren't you afraid...?" Sam laughs gently. "Oh max, no matter how big you are, no matter how monstrous you look, you are still my little buddy on the inside!" Max whimpers again, cuddling him. Sam pets him gently. "Shh... it's okay.. I'm right here.. And I will never leave you." max purrs, saying "I love you." Sam kissed his face again. "I love you too, more than you could ever know."