Golden Rifle

𝑨/𝑵: 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 5 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝑨𝒍𝒆𝒙'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆

Alex's POV:

It was 11 pm, everyone in the house was asleep. But, for some reason, I couldn't fall asleep. At first I thought it was my ADHD, but I quickly realized that it wasn't that.

My throat all of a sudden felt really dry, so I climbed down the steps of my bunk bed and tried not to wake up my brother Parker.

I tiptoed to the kitchen, when I heard a loud buzzing noise. It wasn't like a bee, it was like buzzing with energy. Mom and Dad have told stories about times they saved the world, like the lightning bolt from their first one, he said it was buzzing with energy just like this.

I couldn't tell where it was coming from, but I checked the kitchen, living room, bathroom, none of those. My little feet can only run so fast, but I ran as fast as I could to the basement. I'd always found it scary, and mom didn't like going down there because of spiders, but dad would put whatever junk he could find down there.

As I walked down, I saw what looked like a gun, but I was glowing and it was golden. As I walked closer, I could hear the buzzing getting louder and more powerful.

"Woah," I said under my breath, it looked so pretty that I wanted to touch it.

I held out my hand "Alexander." A soft women's voice said.

I whipped around "Who said that?"

"It's okay," She said "I'm a Siren."

Her voice was so sweet and easy, all I could think of was cutting through soft butter.

"What's a Siren?" I asked.

"Me, silly," She laughed and walked towards me where I could see her.

She was beautiful, blue skin, dark blue hair, and gorgeous eyes.

I had to look up to see her, though, she was pretty tall.

She crouched down and stroked underneath my chin and started singing.

Her singing was so pretty, I just had to listen. It felt so good, like magic, but good magic.

In the left corner of the room, I could see me, my mom and my dad. Just the three of us.

I had ice cream in my hand and we were all laughing. Tears filled my eyes. I could hear the Siren's sweet voice entering my brain, it was weird.

"𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔." The Siren said.

"What?"

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖," Her voice was starting to turn hideous.

"I-" Before I could say anything, the vision faded.

"Say goodbye, Alex." She laughed hideously.

"What are you?!" I yelled.

"I'm a Siren, silly." She sounded sick.

"But-"

"Shhh, I'll just end the pain now." She sounded like it pained her to speak.

"What pain?" I asked. Right after I said that, I felt this sensation like I was getting cut across my stomach.

"AHHHH!" I yelled. I looked down to see my pajamas ripped, and a huge cut on my stomach that went all the way down to my belly button. Blood dripped down.