Rachel Adopts Again

𝑰𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒅𝒐 𝒔𝒖𝒎' 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝑹𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒍'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗. 𝑬𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚!

Rachel's POV:

It's been hard having a blind kid. For those of you who don't know, a monster came after Troy and stabbed his eyes out. Of course, we found out from Chiron that he's a demigod, but we probably won't know who his godly parent is until camp. No kid really knows until then.

He'd been getting used to it. No more running into walls or crap like that.

I was still sort of getting my life together. Paris wasn't allowed into my life ever again, and he took everything. The house, the car, and the money. I have to work two shifts and I have an old friend watch Troy while I'm at work. I design a lot of book covers, and design clothes.

We live in an apartment, not the nicest, but it's not horrible. It was kind of like a cheap hotel.

"Mommy?" I heard Troy say.

"In here, honey!" I yelled from the kitchen.

"Do I have school today?"

"No, not today." I smiled "Tomorrow."

"Okay, because I didnt want to learn braille today." He said. My heart sunk. Tears started filling my eyes.

"Troy.." I said "I'm so sorry that this happened to you."

"It's okay, Mommy." He said with a smile "I still remember what you look like."

That made me choke up even more "Good. Don't forget it." I laughed.

"Can Ophelia come over?" He asked. They loved each other so much.

"I'll ask her mommy and daddy." I said.

"Yay!" He laughed.

I brushed my frizzy hair and put on my clothes. Troy was extremely mature, so I could trust him to behave by himself in the living room. His light brown hair looked as if someone singed the edges with ash, and his eyes were blue like the sky.

I pulled out my phone to text Cal and ask her about the playdate when I got a notification that my client really liked my design and my boss gave me a promotion.

"75 EXTRA DOLLARS AN HOUR?!" I screamed "That means that- That- I'm making 450$ A DAY, AND 3,150 A WEEK!"

The average person makes about a thousand a week. Multiply that by 3.

"Mommy?" Troy walked in from all the yelling "Is Lia coming?"

"Oh, right, sorry sweetie." I laughed. "She said she could come over for an hour."

"Yay!" He laughed and jumped up and down.

-

10 minutes later, there was a knock.

"It must be her!" Troy yelled. He had figured out his way across the house without seeing.

He flung the door wide open.

"Hi, Troy." Ophelia said.

"Hi!" He laughed.

She gave him a hug and then walked inside.

"Hey, Rach." Calypso said.

"Hey, Cal." I said.

"My mom said that you're 4 months and 30 minutes older than me." Ophelia said.