Claiming

Alex's POV:

"Alright, Campers!" Chiron said as he called all the kids at the dinner tables to join us at the bonfire.

Everyone sat with their cabin, meaning some of the Hermes kids had to stand up to roast marshmallows, which also meant that I had to stand with all my friends because we were undetermined.

"We, obviously, have some news campers here." Chiron gestured towards a bunch of different people "So, everyone who has been here before, try to welcome the new kids."

A couple people who've been here nodded, including Iris.

"Now, tomorrow, all the new kids will be training to see their strengths to help us determine their godly parent." He said "And all the other lessons we already know."

"Blah!" Mr. D groaned "This is no DIET coke!"

"Dionysus, please." Chiron pinched the bridge of his nose.

"This is just coke!" Mr. D yelled, completely ignoring Chiron.

"I'll take it!" One of the Iris kids yelled.

"Kid, you are a disgrace if you seriously like this stuff." He handed the gauntlet to her "What's your name?"

"Beatrice." She giggled. "Beatrice Irida."

"Bumblebee Irish, I hope you know that you lost my respect." He grumbled.

"Not that you ever had any." One of the kids grumbled.

"Alright, that's enough, everyone." Chiron clapped his hands and forced a smile "Head to your cabins."

Me and my friends headed to the overcrowded, smelly, and disgusting Hermes cabin.

---

That night, I had a dream that my parents- Or at least I think they were, hurt much older versions of them- were waving to someone. They were waving to someone who was around six foot, black hair, stormy gray eyes- I realized it was me, but much older. They waved to him as he sprinted down the block.

I woke up.

"That was a boring dream.." I grumbled.

"Kid, that's just the beginning." One of the older Hermes kids said "They'll just get older and scarier."

"You'll start dreading sleep because of it." Another one said.

"C'mon, don't scare the poor kids!" A third one said.

"Man, five of them." The first one grumbled "I just want them to be claimed."

"Me too, Bruce." Iris said "I want to be claimed."

"Iris Valdez." He grumbled.

She forced a smile and helped me up from my bed "Come on, Alex."

"And is this your boyfriend?" Bruce snickered.

"No, Bruce." She snipped. My face was red as Troy, Jax, Lia and Frankie took our side.

"Just back off, dude." Troy grumbled.

"Blindy!" One of Bruce's kids said.

"Don't call him that!" Ophelia screamed.

"Why?" Bruce asked "Is it not true?"

"For your information, he could've died because of that incident." Iris said.

"So leave him alone!" Frankie said.

"Whatever." Bruce walked away.

"Sorry about him." One of the girls said. "He's a little... Angry."