Quest

Alex's POV:

Chiron had chosen us for a quest to bring two forbidden half-bloods back to camp.

I was excited to finally set out as a hero, but Stacy was horrified. I've never seen her this scared.

Chiron called Rachel, the prophecy, and we were about to go see her in the big house.

"You guys ready?" I asked.

"Not at all." Stacy said in a shaky voice.

"Yeah!" Phoebe laughed.

"Look at me." I stopped and said to Stacy "I will not let anything happen to you guys, okay?"

"Okay." Stacy said, but it sounded like she was reassuring me over herself

"Anastasia Zoë Jackson." I frowned.

She flinched at the name.

"I, Alexander Perseus Jackson, promise to serve and protect under any circumstances." I said and gestured her to go next.

"I, Anastasia Zoë Jackson, promise to serve and protect under any circumstances." Stacy said.

"I, Phoebe Silena Jackson, promise to serve and protect under any circumstances." Phoebe laughed.

"Okay, are we ready?" I asked.

Stacy gave me a big hug. She was so much shorter than me even though she was only a year younger. Either I was really tall or she was really short.

Phoebe joined in too, and then I pushed away.

"We'll be okay." I chuckled "Kay?"

"Kay. . ." Stacy sighed.

We walked over to where Rachel was and she smiled.

"Hey, gu-" She started before her eyes started glowing.

Her body looked like she was shaking. Phoebe squeezed my hand, but stopped when she started talking in a raspy voice that wasn't hers.

𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇-𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒔

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒃𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒇𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝑷𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒕.

𝑺𝒖𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖

She stopped talking and we were speechless.

Rachel shook her head "Man, everytime." Then looked at us "Uh-oh, it wasn't good, was it?"

We stood in silence.

"She has a tendency be dramatic, it might have a completely different meaning than what you think." She said sympathetically.

"Yeah," I said, although I wasn't sure.

The 'Tears will be shed for a girl of Poseidon, and will be met,' scared me most. What girl of Poseidon? And why will we cry for her? Is it Phoebe? Will she be claimed by him?

We walked out of the bighouse and Chrion welcomed us.

"Well?" He asked.

Stacy told him the prophecy with a shaky voice.

It still amazed me that she really could he scared, she never acted scared or let her guard down, but this was different.

He scratched his graying beard "Ah, I see why you all are scared."

That didn't make us feel any better.

"Get some rest and you shall set out after lunch tomorrow." He said and we walked off to our cabins.

We waved to Stacy as she went to her cabin, and I was walking Phoebe to the Hermes cabin.

"Night, Phoebs." I said.

"Night, Alex." She said.

Jax and the gang ran over to me.

"The Grace, The Dare and the two Valdez's." I laughed.

"'Sup, Jackson?" Jax laughed.

"I have my first quest with Stace and Phoebs tomorrow." I said.

Their smiles faded "W-what?" Iris and Ophelia said almost in sync.

"A quest?" Jax asked "But-"

"I know," I said "I'm a little freaked out myself." I admitted.

Troy followed my voice, pointed to me and said "You?"

"Yeah, bud, it's Alex." I said and he threw his hands around me and started sobbing.

"I know, buddy, I know." I said and pat his back. "I'll miss you."

"I'm sorry, Alex." He said.

"Don't be, I know you're sensitive." I said.

"No, I mean, I got snot on your shirt." He said.

"Oh, no, don't worry about it." I said.

"You're really going?" Lia asked.

"Yeah." I said "I am."

"Just. . . . Don't die." Iris said "Kay?"

"Okay, Oldie." I said.

"Just because I'm the oldest, doesn't mean you get to call me that." She snapped.

"Okay," I laughed. "Jax, man, you okay?" He had turned pale.

"Alex, I-" He gulped "I don't want you to die."

I'd never seen this side of him. Never seen him cry other than when we were kids and we'd played too rough or something got taken away.

"I don't wanna die either." I joked, but no one laughed.

"Alex." He said sternly.

I knew my best friend needed a hug, so I gave him him biggest hug that I'd ever given anyone and he hugged back.

"Awee," Ophelia said.

"Get in here." I said with teery eyes.

We all gave a group hug.

"Iris, whats that one book you read with.. Catnip is it?" Lia asked.

"You mean the hunger games?" She asked "And it's Katniss." She snapped.

"Yeah, whatever, and don't they do something in it with that salute?" She asked.

"The three handed salute means thanks, it means admiration, it means goodbye, it means love." Iris said.

"Tomorrow, when you leave, we'll all do that thingy." Ophelia said.

"Okay." Troy said with a choked voice.

----
----