Inbox Full

Alex's POV:

Argus stopped the car in front of a bus stop that goes to  Old Westbury, New York. No bus rides that go directly to Alaska and we can't take a plane due to money shortage.

"Okay, it begins." I said "Sit down on the bench while we wait."

"Seriously?" Stacy asked "We're going on a quest to save two half-bloods and you want to sit and wait for a bus?"

"Uh, yeah, looks like it." I said.

Stacy grumbled.

"Why do we have to go to Alaska to save Heidi if Luna's closer?" Phoebe asked.

Heidi was Hera's daughter, and Luna was Artemis's.

Stacy groaned "Phoebe, Chiron explained this like 800 times, because the monsters already know about these kids and this quest and assume that we will go for Luna first."

"Ohh, okay." Phoebe said, although it was obvious that she had no clue what she just said.

Luna lived in Denver, Colorado, with her dad and step-mom and half brother Jake. Her Dad didn't work and her Step-Mom had a part time job at a convenience store, and that's all they told us. Plus, they live in a small apartment in Avarda, Denver Co.

Heidi lives with her Dad in Juneau, Alaska in a house. Her Dad works at a small bank and makes a good amount of money.

They also gave us pictures of Luna and Heidi, Luna has straight white hair. Like, it's blonde, but extremely light. She has gentle silver eyes and pale skin. Like the moon. The picture shows her with a gorgeous smile that made my heart skip a beat.

"You keep staring at the picture." Phoebe pointed out.

"Eh?" I asked and looked down at me staring at Luna "Oh, I just. . . Wanna get a good look, that's all, so I don't miss her when I see her." I laughed nervously.

"Man, you're a wreck." Stacy rolled her eyes.

Heidi had long, thin brown hair. Her eyes were a caramel brown with an ombre of chocolate brown. She had olive skin and feather earrings.

~○•●~•○●~•○●~□■●~●□■

Around 20 minutes later, the bus pulled up and everyone got on.

"Money?" The bus driver asked, entwining his fingers with his cigarette.

He was pudgy, his stomach hung out of his uniform shirt. His face was covered with sweat and his brown hair was all over the place.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out 5 mortal dollars.

He spit on the steering wheel "No tip?" He grumbled.

"Sorry," Phoebe said "We're runaways and don't have much money."

He looked us up and down with a raised eyebrow "Oh, whatever, kids, I got people waiting, get on back."

"Thank you!" Stacy said and we sat in the back of the bus.

All three of us had attention deficit hyperactivity disorder like all half-bloods, so we bounced our legs around in anticipation and kept looking around the bus for signs of un-human creatures.

Phoebe elbowed me in the ribs.

"𝑫𝒊 𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔!" I whispered "What in the name of Zeus was that for?!"

She didn't take her eyes of the aisle. She raised a finger and pointed to the woman sitting in the front by herself "Look."

"What?" I asked.