Leaving

Alex's POV:

I had rid my cabin of all the necessities I'd need for this trip.

I walked to my bench for lunch and ate by myself, as usual. I looked over at Phoebe whom was quite the hoot in the Hermes cabin, and Stacy was too, but she didn't look interested. She wasn't eating.

Her eyes caught mine and I mouthed the words "Eat." and she looked down at her plate and took a bite of Mac 'n Cheese.

And her pleading eyes begged me to help her from the attention that she would usually love under different circumstances. She loved attention. But it's not as great when you're life is at risk.

Phoebe looked like she was enjoying her meal and the congrats.

"The youngest hero!" One shouted.

"Oh, gods, she hasn't even started and I think she'll be great!" Another one shouted.

Stacy's POV:

I hated this. I was being forced to find two forbidden half-bloods. I didn't want to go. I didn't want Phoebe to go. I didn't want Alex to go. My biggest fear, phobia, was everyone I love dying. Disappearing. Being alone. That's it. Being alone. Thanatophobia.

Mom had mentioned one time that every hero has a fear. A big one. A phobia. Her's wasn't really a fear, but all she wanted was for her mom, Athena and her Dad to be together and a happy family. She didn't want to be a Half-Blood. And her intense fear of spiders, which comes to me as well being Athena's granddaughter.

Everyone in my cabin was congratulating me and I just wanted to sit in silence. I wasn't ready to say bye to Ari, or the saltiness of Camp Half-Blood.

I wasn't hungry either. But Alex told me to eat, and it was smart if I was going to go on this long adventure with only fast food restaurants with the money they give us.

--

Phoebe's POV:

Everyone loved me! I was for once the center of attention at my table. No one really cared about me since that ended when Stacy was in my place. They don't care that we're the children of the Heroes Of Olympus. So this was a nice change.

-

After lunch, I went to sit down by the forest next to the lake and just sit.

It was nice until Lilith showed up. Lilith Rodriguez- La Rue. Daughter of Clarisse La Rue and Chris Rodriguez. Her older sister, Alissa Rodriguez, was just like her.

Lilith had black hair, olive skin, dyed dark pink hair, and brown eyes. She was tall and limber. And my age, we met on the first day and I immediately didn't like her. Claimed by Ares. His name made me scoff from the stories Dad had told me.

"What do you want, Lilith?" I asked.

"I've heard that you're going on a quest." She said.

"I am, in fact, in about an hour." I said.

"Okay, just know that I'll start taking over quests." She said "This is a one time thing."

I stood up and growled "What makes you think that?"

"Well, my grandfather is Ares himself." She said "God of War, ring a bell?"

"I understand that, Rodriguez, but what I don't understand is why you think you're so much better than me." I grinned "You're really not."

Her jaw clenched and she gritted her teeth "You're really at it, eh?" She asked "Think you got another fight in you, Jackson, or do you need some rest?" She asked pettily