The Bear Necessities

Bingo, Sparkling, Amy and Drooper are having a picnic in the forest.

Amy: Sunscreen?

Bingo: Check.

Amy: Fruit?

Sparkling: Check.

Amy: Sandwiches?

Drooper: Check.

Amy: Large size pizza for all of us to eat until dinnertime?

Bingo: Large check.

Drooper puts the mat on the grass and sits down.

Amy takes out the supplies out of the picnic basket and sits them on the mat.

Sparkling: This is so nice! And a great day to have a picnic.

Bingo: I got me a honey and strawberry jam sandwich. Mmmm-mmmm.

The four animals enjoy themselves and eat their food and then after an hour and thirty minutes, they all fall asleep. 

Mysterious Figure: Oooh. Look at all this food. I'm eating good today..

With quiet movements, the figure steals all the food from the unsuspecting quartet and runs off with the rations. 

Then Drooper wakes up notices that... all the food is gone!

Drooper: What the what!!??!?!?! Where's the food? Where's the food? Where's the food?

BIngo: Holy banana cream pie! Everything's gone.

Amy: Oh no! How are we going to continue our picnic without our stuff?

Sparkling: I think was stolen by.... A thief!

Bingo: If there's a thief going around stealing food, then we need to find who's doing it.

Amy: It's time for Detective Amy and her faithful assistant, Inspector Drooper, to solve the case of the Snack Whacker! 

Drooper: Watch out, criminals! Cause we'll coming after you. And kids, remember that it's not ok to steal because that's impolite. 

Bingo: Stop breaking the fourth wall, Drooper!

Drooper:(Giggles)

Amy: All right! Let's go find clues.

Amy and Drooper search around the scene to find anything to give them a lead on the culprit.

And then Drooper finds a patch of brown fur.

Amy: A patch of fur, eh?

Bingo leans down to smell it and it was...bear fur!

Bingo: It smells like year old salmon and honeycomb. Mmm.

Sparkling: What animal eats fish and honey?

Drooper: BIngo on a sad day and has no other option but to eat till he drops down?

Bingo: Keep it up and I'll drop you down.

Amy: All right, all right. Oh! A bear eats both foods at once. Come on! Let's go ask if anyone else seen a bear.

The four goes across town to ask people if they've seen a bear stealing food and they said yes.

And so the info they have on the thief, the set a trap for him to come and take the bait.

Amy: All right! On my signal. One. Two..... Three! 

Drooper: Stop right there thief!

The thief is revealed to be a bear named Barney and he was covered in honey stains.

Barney: Oh my gosh! Don't do that! I thought you were the thief. 

Bingo: So you saw him?

Barney: Yeah. And he tried to take my food away.

Sparkling: Oh thank you. What's your name?

Barney: The name's Barney. And I am a grizzly bear.

Drooper: I have a joke for you, Barney.

Barney: What is it?

Drooper: Ok. Ok. How does the bear walk without shoes?

Barney: He can just walk "Bear foot".  HAHAHA!

Bingo: (laughs)

Amy: So did you see where the thief went, Barney?

Barney: He went left at Benson St and Crocked Avenue. 

Drooper: Thank you and it was nice meeting you.

The four animals leave the shop and still search for the criminal.

Bingo: Wait a minute! Barney's a bear. That explains everything.

Amy: Explains what, Bingo?

Bingo: That Barney IS the thief! Think about it. He eats both fish and honey. Plus he has brown fur.

Drooper: Then that means...... we need to go back quickly!

They run to the shop but Barney was already running away.

Amy: Stop thief!

Bingo and Drooper: CHASE SEQUENCE!

The four animals chase Barney into the forest but then he runs into a cave but Amy, Drooper, BIngo and Sparkling got him trapped by a rock. 

Drooper: Just give up Barney! There's nowhere else to go. 

Barney: Ok, ok. I was just... really hungry. And nobody wants to give any food because everytime I ask them, they always have to be mean and throw things at me. And I'm starving as heck, so you can do what you want to me. I don't even care anymore and nobody wants to be my friend (cries). 

Barney sits on the ground crying and starved but BIngo came to his aid.

Bingo: Look I understand that you're hungry and you had no other choice, but if you want something, ask first. In fact I used to be like that when I was a kid. I'd take anything without anyone noticing and ate everything but everyone was mad that I their food. And so, I know you don't want to be a thief, Barney.

Barney wipes away his tears and smiles at the ape for supporting him.

Barney: LIsten guys. I'm sorry for taking away your food. Here, have it back.

The brown bear gives the food back to them and they go back to the clubhouse with Barney.

Bingo: Barney the Bear. Because of your honesty and owning up to your mistakes, I honor you with the official Banana Splits helmet.

Barney put put the helmet and give BIngo a bear hug and they hug him back.

Credits roll in.