Band of Misfits: Part 6

This chapter futures with the Splits' mission to defeat the Contessa' and seize her evil brainwashing after what happened back at the prison with Bingo being crazed and Bon Bon's body reacting to the spice in a.... unfortunate way. But the Contessa was now is possession of the Thunder Eyes to continue her evil hypnosis treatment on the world. 

Bon Bon: [Narrating] Time for a little payback. The Contessa, having escaped us in the prison, is now hiding out in her castle estate. It's a well-fortified gothic nightmare that would make any thief run in terror. Terrible or not, that's where we're headed. To sweeten the deal, we've learned that the Contessa, who until recently was a secret member of the Klaww Gang, is in possession of the Thunder eyes. The Bananasis Splitsicus describes the eyes stopping opponents dead in their tracks, transfixed in their gaze.

 It doesn't take a genius to figure out what an accomplished hypnotist could do with such powerful artifacts. News of the Contessa's corruption has spread to Interpol. Constable Neyla, being closest to the case, was granted a cash allowance to hire an army of local mercenaries. It looks like we're walking into a full-scale war, but we have to act now before things go from bad to worse.

The Banana Splits make their hideout in one of the abandoned safehouses so they can make their plan of attack. 

Amy: All right. Commence Operation: A Tangled Web. Which is kind of ironic seeing how the Contessa is a spider. But anyway we must find the Thunder Eyes and stop the Contessa once and for all! 

Fleegle: So if anything, the Contessa would be someplace tall, dark and isolated. Like the re-education tower where she must be performing some hypnosis on someone. 

Bingo: Aye-aye, Fleegie! Bingo's on the job! 

Snorky: [Honks]

Hootie: Snorky's right. You must be careful.

Bon Bon: Wait! I'm coming with him. Because I have a score with to settle with the Contessa for making me eat that spice and go crazy on my friends like that. 

Drooper: Just be careful, partners. 

Bingo and Bon Bon left the hideout to get the re-education tower with guards, security alarms and bats flying everywhere. They climbed to the top and went through the hole which led them into the room where the Contessa was doing hypnosis.

Fleegle: [Comms] All right. There should be a power box on your left.

Bingo: [Shocked] Uhhh, Fleegle.....

Bon Bon: There are more than just the Thunder Eyes up here. 

What Bon Bon and Bingo saw before them was shocking that they wished they couldn't see it. Sammy was chained on a table with the Thunder Eyes transmitting hypnotic waves to her brain and the Contessa was operating the machine.

Sammy: Why are you doing this? Neyla! She set me up! I'm an honest cop! 

Contessa: Of course you are. I've read your psychological profile, I know that you're honest.

Sammy: Then why are you doing this to me?

Contessa: Because dear....you're honest. You see, by chasing after Fleegle Beagle you learned too much about the Klaww Gang and its spice operation. It was only a matter of time before you figured out that I was a secret member. So when Neyla gave me a chance to put you in custody, I took it.

Sammy: Coward! You're a disgrace to Interpol! I'll make it my life's work to destroy you.

Contessa: Oh, I'm afraid your life, let alone your life's work isn't going to last much longer. Once I integrate the Black Thunder eyes into this device, your life's work will be whatever I tell you.