Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

The smell of food was strong throughout the establishment, making me realize how hungry I was. This place was vast, with round tables filled with people. Some were staring at us curiously. Was it because of how casually we were dressed compared to everyone else? Or, once again, the fact Liam was with someone like me. If only they knew how he was. If only I knew.

We headed through a pair of double doors leading to a balcony outside. It was warm tonight, though there was a light breeze blowing the nearby plants. Something told me this was more expensive than eating inside. Liam pulled out my chair for me at the fancy-looking table for two. Said table was also lit by candles, blowing gently in the wind. It was so lovely.

"Thank you," I mumbled to him.

He nodded before taking his seat.

A smartly dressed waiter approached us with a professional smile. "Can I start you off with something to drink?" He asked politely.

"I'll have red wine and she'll have a Dr. Pepper," Liam spoke before I could. Not that I minded Dr. Pepper, but he hadn't even asked me.

"All right. I'll be right back." The waiter said, power walking back inside.

"Why did you order my drink?"

"So that explains the look on your face. Considering how you were uncomfortable before, I thought it best to order for you. Would have gotten you wine, but you're not of legal age."

"Like you do anything legally." I rolled my eyes. "Besides, what If I wanted tea?"

"Well, tell the waiter. Here he comes now. I'll tell him."

"No. I want Dr. Pepper," I glared.

"Thought you would," He smirked.

I rolled my eyes as the drink was set in front of me. "Something wrong, Miss?" The waiter raised an eyebrow.

"No, everything's fine," I smiled politely for his benefit.

Liam opened his menu, and I did the same, trying to focus on it instead of him. Why had I ever agreed to this? Why could I not understand anything written on this menu? There was absolutely no English. Why in the world? When there were English-speaking people working here. Frowning, I looked up at my date, who smiled at me expectantly.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.

"Do they not have menus in English?"

"They do," he responded.

"Well then, is yours in English?"

"No, it's not."

"Why did we get menus that weren't in English?" I asked, annoyance lacing my voice.

"Because I wanted to give you a full Korean experience."

"I can't read this. Can you?"

"Yes, I can. Why? You can't?" He smirked.