12: Arguments are Ridiculous

The lights continued to flicker

The lights continued to flicker. Those who had the neon clothes and paint on were glowing under all of the black lights. Sandy walked in with Sierra, both girls making sure Zelda was okay. Ronald and Aiden were with Lydia. While Isaac and Allison were with Ethan.

Aiden glanced over at Ronald, "Get Lydia out of here."

"I can help-"

"But Lydia can't do anything." Aiden urged, "We can handle this."

Marnie came over and took Lydia from Ronald, "I can do this. Ronald, you stay."

Lydia clung to Marnie, "Find Scott..."

Briella stared at the masked figures in the room as others continued to leave, "Wh-What are those?" Derek stepped forward and pushed Briella behind him. She went to protest when she noticed this black fog coming off of the creatures.

Aiden paused when he noticed something, "Guys... They're all looking at me. Why are they all looking at me? Guys?"

Zelda gripped onto Sandy and Sierra, "You two need to go. This is about to get ugly."

Sierra and Sandy shared a look before they listened to Zelda. If they could do something they would, but right now it would be best for them to be out of the way and safe from any danger.

"Get out of here."

Briella shot a look at Derek, "What?"

"You can't defend yourself-" Derek grabbed her arm when she opened her mouth to respond, "I don't care that you can heal."

"I'm not leaving."

Derek snarled as one of the oni came after Briella. After that single movement, everyone jumped into the fight. Zelda stuck with Ronald while going against the oni. She still was not feeling one hundred percent after being targeted by the masked creatures.

Zelda and Ronald kept back to back for a moment as a couple of the creatures circled around them. As one of them attacked, Ronald ducked to the side and grabbed it's arm allowing Zelda to turn around and kick it in it's gut. She sent it flying in the air as the other came for them.

Ronald dropped down to the floor to avoid the kick it sent but Zelda wasn't as fortunate. She groaned from the pain as she collided with one of the pillars in the loft.

Isaac stepped forward to assist when one turned around. All it had to do was materialize a sword from it's chest to scare him enough to not move. This allowed the others to surround Aiden.

"Somebody do something!"

When Briella tried to go help Aiden, Derek grabbed her by the waist and pulled her away so she couldn't do anything. She fell back as he went to the ground.

As Aiden's body dropped to the floor, the creatures whipped around. Some were facing Scott, while a couple were definitely looking at where Briella was. They were unable to make it far because as the sun peered through the windows each creature disappeared. Briella pushed Derek off of her to go to Aiden, along with Ethan and Ronald.