17: Cross the Mountain Ash

Briella kind of didn't care about the restraining order anymore and just needed to be around her friends

Briella kind of didn't care about the restraining order anymore and just needed to be around her friends. So the second school ended she didn't even wait for Jackson to find her to bring her home. She instantly got into the jeep with Stiles, Scott, and Zelda. She felt bad because Ronald was forced to deal with the Argent family.

Zelda even gave Briella the fourth ticket since Ronald had said that there was no way Gerard was going to let him out of his sight. It was best that Briella be there to help than him.

"Ketamine?" Scott questions while Deaton fills up a needle for them to use on Jackson.

"It's the same stuff we used on the dogs, just a higher dosage. If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." Deaton then picked up another container, "This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles. Only you."

Stiles blinked his eyes a few times before looking at his friends, "Uh... That sounds like a lot of pressure. Can't Briella do it and you give me a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?"

"It's from the Mountain ash tree-" Deaton explains while ignoring Stiles' request, "Which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ashwood, making it difficult for someone like Scott and Zelda to cause me any trouble."

Stiles, realizing that Deaton was going to make him do it no matter what, just groaned and continued with it, "Okay, so then what? I just spread this around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?"

"They'll be trapped."

Zelda wanted to reassure him, but Briella did instead, "Hey, it doesn't sound that hard." Which made Stiles stare at her since he was doing it and not her.

"Not all there is." Deaton explains further to Stiles, "Think of it like gunpowder. It's just powder until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles."

Stiles swallowed, "If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that."

"Let me try a different analogy." Deaton says while staring at Stiles, "I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

"Force of will." Stiles repeats, still extremely nervous.

"If-if this is going to work, Stiles, you have to believe it."

"Mmhm."

'''

Ronald shifted over a little bit from where he was standing in the room, he didn't want to be a part of this at all, but knew that Gerard wouldn't really let him leave his sight. He glanced at Allison who was seated on the steps.