22: Should I stay or should I go?

Briella sat across from Ms

Briella sat across from Ms. Morrell with a scowl on her face. She didn't want to be here for this at all.

Ms. Morrell stayed calm even though she could tell that Briella would rather be anywhere but here, "I'm only here to listen, Briella."

"I don't want to talk." She sunk a little bit in her seat and crossed her arms. Briella bit down on her bottom lip and exhaled deeply.

"Briella." Ms. Morrell says calmly, "I'm not going to judge you. How about your friends? Zelda and Ronald?"

"Ronald..." Briella blew out softly while staring out the window, "He has been off lately. Very quiet and not really talking to me or Zelda. I don't think he really knows what happened yet, unless Allison told him. But now he's dealing with the suicide of he adopted mother, Victoria. I don't really like his new family. I feel like they're abusing him in some way. Especially since he just seems... distant like he doesn't know how to talk to me or Zelda anymore. Or that he just can't talk to us anymore. And Zelda... Zelda doesn't know how to handle what happened... Her and Scott are just going through a lot... Zelda tends to avoid talking about any of it even if I want to bring it up. Allison feels like she doesn't like me anymore, but she could probably just be coping with losing her mom. Stiles seems normal to me, but I could tell he is incredibly anxious now. Lydia actually feels the most normal out of all of us, but I think that's because she wasn't there at the station with us. But I know something is still going on. I want to be able to help her."

Ms. Morrell nodded her head, "And what about your foster brother, Jackson?"

"I don't know." Briella answers, feeling as though she was a little empty, "He hasn't actually spoken to me. He's mainly been avoiding me."

There was a moment of silence before Ms. Morrell asked, "And what about you?"

"Me?" Briella turned her head back over to Ms. Morrell. "I don't know. I'm tired." She was tired. It was like her body was ready to give up on her. Briella did not even have any time to wrap her head around what was happening to her. She had a lot of problems to deal with and basically no time to deal with them. Or at least no one to talk to. "Are we done?"

"Do you want to leave?" Her brow was raised to the young teenager and waited for her answer.

"Yeah." Briella hugs her backpack, "I'd like to leave. So am I being forced to stay here?"

"No one is forcing you to talk with me. If you think this has been enough, then you may go."

"Awesome." Briella breathed out and quickly left the room.

'''

Zelda walked out of her room after getting dressed to go to bed. She wanted to be able to talk with Scott. If she couldn't have Ronald with her anymore, which was hurting a lot because his empty bed made her miss him. So Scott was the only person that she could speak to. She pushed the door to his room open and gasped. Scott was standing shirtless while Melissa was being hung up by the kanima's tail. Gerard sitting down on one of his chairs.