3: Wake up

Briella just realized that Ronald and Lydia just dragged Marnie and Allison out somewhere

Briella just realized that Ronald and Lydia just dragged Marnie and Allison out somewhere. Meaning she was left with the rest of her day without them and she didn't know where the others currently were. And she only assumed it wasn't good since they were also MIA with texts. She placed her head in her hands and sat in the library with a bunch of books in front of her. When she got up she slammed directly into another student.

"Oh!" Briella gaps and turns, reaching down to help her, "I am so sorry."

"No, it's-" The girl seemed heavily frazzled, "It's my fault. Sorry."

"I bumped into you." Briella steadied her with a small smile, "You good?"

"I'm fine. I'm great. I'm good. Thank you-"

"I'm Briella."

"Kira." She said back, "Uh, my name. My name is Kira. I'm new. I'm a few weeks new."

She only released a small laugh at how nervous Kira was, "It's nice to meet you, Kira. Would you like to sit down?"

"Yeah-" Kira whispers while sitting down across from her and within seconds she asks, "Are you Japanese?"

Briella choked in shock on her own breath, "What?"

"I'm sorry. That was-" Kira looked away, "That was inconsiderate of me. I shouldn't-I shouldn't have asked."

"No, it's-" Briella reached out to stop Kira before she lost her mind over a question, "It's fine. I'm mixed. I don't know what else but I know for sure that my mom was Filipino and my dad was white. Hence the very white name. Here is the thing, the Philippines went through a lot. So I could have Chinese, Japanese, and a Spaniard, or whatever. So, maybe I might have some Japanese in me."

"Oh, ooh, cool." Kira whispers while awkwardly shifting in her seat, "Do you... like sushi?"

Briella stopped her studying and glanced up at Kira, who looked so incredibly anxious now. "I do."

'''

Ronald sent a sympathetic smile over to Marnie since they practically dragged her out of class with them to test something. She wasn't really sure what they were doing but she did not like that she was missing class for this.

Lydia placed the target on the tree and turned back over to Allison as she just sighed, "Do you really think this is going to help?"

"I know that if you think it's not going to help it definitely won't." Lydia answers back while approaching the group, "So get your head into it, shoot a few and see what happens."

Ronald kept his arm crossed over his chest while he watched Allison draw the bowstring back but her hand kept shaking. The second she released the arrow it flew off in the distance and jammed into the dirt. He sighed softly and glanced over at Lydia.

"Uh..." Marnie whispers while getting their attention, "Maybe... maybe hold the string a different way. Try something else."

"Good idea!" Lydia places her hands on Marnie's shoulders with a smile, "Allison, why not try the Mongolian draw?"