18: Lydia's Birthday

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal."

Scott followed behind him and just released a long sigh, "Ugh, I get it. We can't save Jackson."

"We can't seem to kill him either." Derek says to him as he sits down, his mind was also on Briella right now as well, "I've seen a lot of things, Scott. I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon's just gonna make him stronger."

"But how do we stop him?"

"I don't know." Derek admits, "I don't even know if we can."

"Maybe we should just let the Argents handle it." Scott huffs.

"I'm the one who turned him." Derek looks away from Scott, "It's my fault."

Now it made more sense to Scott why Derek wanted to deal with this, "Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this. I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right?"

"That's a legend in a book." Derek shoots back, "It's not that simple."

"What do you mean?" Scott demanded, "What are you not telling me?"

Derek only shot a disbelieving look over at him because he was sick of this from him and especially from Briella, "Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?"

"Because you always are keeping something from me." Scott shot right back, this wasn't a lie. Derek never tells him everything, never tells them anything.

"Well, maybe I do it to protect you."

Scott didn't respond to that, "Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?"

"Then tell me if you knew about Briella?"

Scott only grew confused at this, "What are you talking about? Do you mean the imprinting?"

"No." Derek grumbles with irritation since it seems as though Briella had told everyone, "You don't really know?"

"Know what? Is Briella okay?"

"She couldn't pass the mountain ash." Derek tells him and watches shock fill his features, "Which means she isn't human."

"Briella isn't human?" Scott asks in concern, "What is she?"

"I was hoping you'd know." Derek sighed before getting up, "Go home, Scott. Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe. 'Cause the full moon's coming. And with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one."

'''

Briella had the most confused look when she opened up the door because Mr. Whittemore said it was for her. Lydia was on the other side with a smile, "Hey, I've come to pick you up and bring you to Allison's."

Shifting, Briella only stared at her. She didn't really want to go out because now she was trying to do research on what the hell she was. She was too nervous and scared to harm herself to see how fast she'd heal, but she could at least look up things that healed fast. Which left her a long list.