14: No more friends

Zelda needed to go to the bathroom at some point during class

Zelda needed to go to the bathroom at some point during class. This was the one class that she had with Briella, who finally told them what happened. And Zelda was beyond shocked at this. It was weird and she understood why Briella also found it weird. Liking someone's smell cause it calms them down. It was just as weird as Zelda liking Stiles' smell because it calmed her down. Which made her freak out because she was doing the thing that Briella found weird. So there was no way she would be telling her this piece of information.

Walking out of the stall, Zelda washed her hands when she heard a scratching sound coming from outside. Like someone was dragging a nail along the lockers. Her heart began to race as the nerves filled her up. She wanted to call for her friends. Looking around the bathroom, Zelda turned on every one of the sinks, hoping the noise from the running water could help with what she was about to do.

Zelda hopped right out the window, which took a bit to push open because it was a school window that wasn't meant to open up easily so students couldn't just dip out. Not like it hadn't stopped them from dipping class. Like Scott and Allison the other day. She didn't hear the end of it because of how mad Melissa was at Scott.

Falling in a bush, Zelda covered her mouth so she didn't audibly groan. She got up and started to move towards the nearest entrance. She needed to get back into the classroom, there was something about hiding in numbers that made her comfortable. Maybe the Alpha wouldn't attack her when she was in a room full of students. Students that also involved Scott, Briella, and Ronald. Now she didn't want to go into the classroom, what if the Alpha did attack them because it didn't care.

But then she remembered that it had never attacked when there were a lot of people around. It killed Laura Hale when she was alone. It attacked that bus driver late at night. And it attacked the worker at the movie rental with few people there. So Zelda was going to take her chance and do it anyway. Once she was inside the school, Zelda grabbed the doorknob to the classroom when something grabbed onto her. Throwing her across the hallway.

"You almost made it."

Zelda put a hand on her heart, letting her head fall back onto the ground in a groan, "This was a test?" She sat up with an upset glare, "You scared the shit out of me."

"Not yet."

Her eyes just widened as she got up on her own, brushing her ass off as if there was dirt on it from the fall, "Not yet? Will I actually shit my pants being trained by you?"

"You did well." Derek admitted to her, "Better than Scott, but you just weren't fast enough."

"I was debating on something."

"You need to be faster."

"Think faster?" Zelda demanded as her brain almost fried at the very thought, "I don't think that's possible."

"Make it possible because the next time this happens it might not be me chasing you."

Zelda's smile was nervous, "Alright, I'll try."