19: Lunatic

Briella sat inside of Zelda and Ronald's room

Briella sat inside of Zelda and Ronald's room. None of them spoke about what happened at the high school. None of them really wanted to talk about it. Stiles ended up stealing Scott at some point, even inviting them to come but they weren't exactly in the mood to go out. They wanted a rather normal night with nothing crazy happening.

"You bitch!"

Ronald laughed as he watched Zelda pick up four cards, "I choose yellow."

Briella snorted and dropped a skip card, "There, Zelda, use one of those cards."

"But I don't have yellow!" Zelda cried out in sadness having to draw more cards now, "You both suck."

"It's all about how you play the game."

Briella only rolled her eyes and softly shoved at Ronald, "Okay, this is honestly a game of chance, nothing more. You never know what you draw."

"Life is a game of chance." Zelda says dramatically as she threw her hand down, "I fold."

"That's the wrong game."

Zelda places a hand over her eyes and falls back on the ground, "I'm just in a constant state of wrong."

"That's a whole mood."

Briella heard the door open and peered out, seeing Scott had gotten home, "Hey, want to play Uno with us?"

"No... I kind of want to sleep."

Briella only sent him a small smile, "Okay, get some rest."

"Thanks..."

She stared at him for a moment and then walked back into the room, "Okay, we need to talk about everything."

"But avoiding the problem is so much more fun." Ronald whined, joining Zelda in her depression pile on the floor.

Briella shut the door and sat on the bed, looking down at the two of them, "Avoiding the problem is just going to accumulate even more problems. So, I'll start. I don't think Scott is okay."

"He was broken up with-"

"No, I mean-" Briella sighs wondering if Scott was listening in or not, "I think that something is wrong. As in... he might do something he'll regret."

"Or you're overthinking things like you usually do."

Briella's mouth fell open partially from the shock of what Zelda said, "What?"

"Come on, you usually overthink everything which just causes a lot of problems." Zelda sat up lazily, "Remember how you and Riley were literally best friends and now neither of you talk to each other? Well, didn't you overthink that shit and ruin that friendship."

"Zelda..." Ronald cuts her off, "You know what happened was nothing like that."

Briella just stared down at her and shook her head, "I'm calling Jackson. I'll see you guys at school tomorrow."