5: I want to read

Zelda felt as though she were babysitting

Zelda felt as though she were babysitting. Scott ran off on his own to search, but she was left with Stiles, Sandy, and Sierra. Stiles she had no problem with but the other two felt rather like stragglers because they really had no idea what to do. She wanted to get mad and blame them, but what could they do?

"Do you smell anything?"

Zelda pinched the bridge of her nose. That was about the tenth time Sandy had asked her that question, "It's hard to pinpoint."

"Where is Scott?" Sierra questions next, "We could shoot him a text, he could have found something by now too."

"Just-" Stiles noticed how Zelda was beginning to get frustrated and reached out for her hand. She stopped her sentence before she could snap at the two and shot Stiles a small smile of appreciation. Zelda did not know what was going on but lately she felt rather off her game werewolf-wise.

Sierra glanced at the pair and looked away, realizing her and Sandy may have been pressing too much. She cleared her throat as she continued forward, hoping that Zelda would not be that upset with them when she released a loud squeal. Her body fell forward and rolled down the small rocky hill until she hit the bottom.

"Sierra!" Sandy quickly ran after her as Stiles and Zelda move as well, "Hey! Are you okay?"

Pulling leaves and twigs from her hair, Sierra just groaned, "I'm good. Bruising and in pain, but good."

Stiles pointed his flashlight up at the top of the hill before following it down, "What's this?"

Zelda inhaled deeply, "It doesn't smell good."

Sandy helped Sierra up to her feet before bending over to look into the small cave, "Can I see your flashlight?"

"Let me look." Stiles protests before going into the cave as well, "Holy crap..."

Sandy looked at the mess, "Are those..."

"We should find Scott..." Zelda mumbles while rubbing at her nose. She could smell how strong the den was, but she was certain the others could probably smell it too.

Sierra moved up the hill with her own flashlight, "Scott!"

"My-" Zelda picked up a rock and threw it at Sierra, who whined when it hit the back of her head, "-God. Don't do that. You don't know what else is in the woods right now."

"Sorry..." Sierra whispers while rubbing the back of her head, "I didn't really think it would be a problem..."

"If Scott and I have superhuman hearing, then other things can as well."

"Come on, we're new to this." Sandy walked up the side of the hill to meet Sierra, "Give us a break."

Zelda didn't say anything to this though. She remained silent and went in search for Scott, who happened to find them in that moment, "Scott-"