23: Two birds, one stone

Ronald shifted on the bench in a bit of pain, his body was bruised enough and here he was about to play a lacrosse game

Ronald shifted on the bench in a bit of pain, his body was bruised enough and here he was about to play a lacrosse game. Zelda had been MIA and Briella seemed distracted. Granted, he didn't make any sort of move to speak or contact them. He was actually a little afraid of talking to them because Gerard was borderline terrifying if he doesn't do what he wants. He had Ronald give him his blood for lab tests. Said that he needed to check for any problem that could eventually happen to Ronald.

One thing Ronald learned in this whole mess was that Jackson was the kanima and that he should be careful. Other than that he didn't know anything else. He heard about what happened to Matt because of Chris and Gerard. He looked over and stared at Stiles, who had been looking at him. Neither approached one another to talk but they both seemingly greeted one another with a nod. His attention was torn away when Coach entered the locker room to greet them all.

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind- that word should have new meaning for all of us today."

Ronald tilted his head in confusion at Coaches words and let out a sigh. He shifted where he sat and felt his body want to just drop. He groaned a little bit.

"We are fighting for our right to live."

"Yeah!"

Ronald jumped when the team members cried out in agreement, actually getting pumped from Coach's words.

"But as the day the world declared in one voice- we will not go quietly into the night! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

Another cry of agreement came from the students before Gerard made himself noticed to everyone, "Well spoken, coach. I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan. So don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them."

"You heard the man." Coach cried out to the team, "Asses on the field!"

Zelda glances over at Scott once Gerard leaves the locker room, "Uh... Did he... bench you?"

Scott got up from the bench quickly and stopped Coach, "Are you benching me?"

"I'm benching you both." Coach tells him and then Zelda who gaped over at him, "It's not my decision."

"But we have to play."

"Hey, you're both failing three classes. Academics come first."

"But Coach!"

"Coach, you don't get it. You have to let us play."

"Kids, no. Not tonight." Coach seemed pretty dejected by this as well, "Tonight, you're both on the bench."