15: Cleaned up

Briella stayed next to Derek even though he hadn't moved from his spot on the ground

Briella stayed next to Derek even though he hadn't moved from his spot on the ground. Cora, Stiles, and Isaac helped with Boyd's body while Lydia talked to Ms. Blake to get her to just go. Briella did try to move at first but Derek's hold on her hands grew tighter so she couldn't. So she just sat beside him in silence. His eyes hadn't moved from the ground.

"Hey..." Briella says gently to him, she had all the time to be able to process everything. She wanted to be upset with Derek for Jennifer but with what he just went through she felt like she didn't even have the right. And if what Kali said was true, he used Ms. Blake to try and hide the fact that he had imprinted on her. "I know that-" She wasn't sure what to tell him but she needed to get him up, "Could you please come with me to your room so you can get cleaned up."

Cora stared ahead of her at the rain, "They were there for two days, waiting, hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us... hide and heal."

Stiles spoke out first while standing beside Briella, "Okay, so is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on like, some extended getaway?"

Shooting a glare over at them, she hissed, "Why do you care?"

"Why do I care?" Stiles huffed while walking closer with his arms folded over his chest, "Let's see... because over the last few weeks, my best friend and his surrogate sister have tried to kill themselves. His boss nearly got ritually sacrificed. A girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by Alphas. I- Do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour."

Cora only shook her head as she approached them, "You think Derek can do anything about that?"

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah."

"I don't know." Cora murmurs, "There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when we knew him."

Briella leaned her body on the table in front of her, "What was he like?"

Peter walked down the spiral staircase, "A lot like Scott, actually." He smiled at their expressions, "A lot like most teenagers... unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers."

"God-" Briella placed her head in her hands, "Why couldn't you have just stayed dead?"

"And so what happened?" Stiles demanded while he kicked at the back of Briella's foot, "What changed him?"

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men..." Peter let his eyes fall on Briella, "A girl."

Stiles scoffed loudly, "You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?"

"Don't worry, Briella." Peter walked closer to them until he was against the table, "Werewolves can only ever imprint once."

"I don't care." Briella shoots over at him, "What happened?"