21: Guardians

Derek tried to run for her in anger, but Zelda and Scott grabbed onto him, "Derek, wait!"

"She was trying to get out."

Jennifer didn't even flinch where she was standing, "I was trying to keep from getting killed. You can't blame me for that."

Stiles stepped forward and pointed over at Briella, "If you want to show you're one of the good guys, then heal her."

"Not until I'm safe."

Peter took his hand off of Briella's forehead and sent a dark glare to Jennifer, "I'd like to volunteer a different method of persuasion. Let's torture her."

Derek let his eyes settle on Jennifer, "Works for me."

Zelda crossed her arms over her chest, "I'm not exactly against that now either."

The sound of the loudspeaker caught their attention, "Uh, can I have your attention? Mr. Deucalion... Excuse me, just Deucalion... Requests you bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the E.R. reception. Do this, and everyone else can leave. You have ten minutes."

Jennifer exhales, "He's not gonna hurt her."

Derek pointed a finger at her, "Shut up."

"He won't!" Jennifer exclaims while letting her eyes land on Scott, "You know why. Tell them it's true."

Derek grew confused but looked at Scott, "What does she mean?"

Jennifer waited but Scott was silent. So she just scoffed and stated, "You're not the only one he wants in his pack."

'''

Ronald hopped out of the back seat of Chris' SUV, he raised his arm up over his eyes to block the rain from obstructing his view.

"Looks like the evacuation's over."

Allison glanced back at Isaac as they rushed to the open door, "Are you catching a scent?"

"No-" Isaac shook his head and looked back outside, "Not with the rain this heavy."

'''

"Deucalion doesn't just want an Alpha pack. He wants perfection." Jennifer further explains, "That means adding the rarest of alphas to his ranks."

Peter settled his eyes on Scott, "A true Alpha."

Stiles blinked his eyes a few times, "I'm sorry, what's that?"

Peter refused to move his gaze away from Scott, "The kind that doesn't have to steal his power from another. One that can rise by the force of his own will. Our little Scott."

"It doesn't matter." Scott brushes it off, he didn't want to really talk about it himself, "We still need to get her out of here."

"Scott, your mom-"