10: Distract him

Scott, Stiles, Allison, Zelda, Ronald, and Briella all filled into Coach's office knowing he wouldn't be showing up anytime soon

Scott, Stiles, Allison, Zelda, Ronald, and Briella all filled into Coach's office knowing he wouldn't be showing up anytime soon. So this was the best place for them to all talk without being disrupted.

"Derek's waiting outside for Lydia."

Allison's eyes drifted over to Scott, "Waiting to kill her?"

"If he thinks she's the kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool." Scott explains to them all, he could feel his anxiety spiking a little bit.

Briella breathed out through her nose, "It's not her."

"Briella..." Zelda's brows furrowed at her declaration, but she also knew that Stiles felt the same, "She didn't pass the test. Nothing happened."

"I just don't think it's her." Briella says her voice was so full of conviction that Ronald believed her.

Allison could only shake her head, "It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

Ronald tapped his foot on the ground in thought, "Well, I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school."

"What about after school?" Zelda questions, "What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"

Stiles raised his brows, "By three o'clock?"

"There could be something in the bestiary." Allison offers up.

Stiles only laughed at the suggestion, "Oh, you mean the 900-page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that."

Allison stares off for a moment, "Actually... I think I know someone who might be able to translate it."

"Uh, I can talk to Derek, maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not her." His eyes moved to his friends, "But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?"

"What does that mean?"

Scott only gave Allison a loving look and one of worry, "That you can't heal like I do. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I can protect myself." She pulled a crossbow out of her bag, "What?" She noticed that they were looking at her, "Did something else happen?"

"I just don't want you getting hurt." Scott releases a long sigh, "Seriously, Zelda, you stay with Lydia, okay? But if anything goes wrong, you call me, okay?" His eyes move over to Allison, meaning he especially meant this for her, "I-I don't care if your dad finds out. Call, text, scream, yell, whatever. I'll hear you and I'll find you as fast as I can. We have until 3:00."

"I think Briella should go with you." Ronald suggests, which makes everyone look to him, "If anything really does happen, we need a backup plan. And the only person I could think of that could distract Derek would be her."