20: What's four?

"What are you three doing near her?" Sheriff Stilinski pointed to the three teens and then addressed Briella

"That's on me." Briella says as she hugs Scott's coat to her body, "Don't blame them. Besides, I didn't really want the restraining order anyway."

The Sheriff only stared at her and went back to the matter that was presented before him, "So this kid's the real killer?"

"Yeah."

Sheriff looked at the group in disbelief, "No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay?" Stiles continues to explain further, "So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris' class."

Stiles tried not to get irritated but the sarcasm still seeped through, "All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything."

"H-"

Sheriff Stilinski looked over at the three others, "Do you three believe this?"

Stiles' felt his jaw drop at the audacity of his father, "Oh-"

Scott understood what this was like for Sheriff Stilinski, "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt."

"Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him."

Sheriff Stilinski looked at them with a sigh, "All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles says, making them all stare at him to wait for a response, "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years. Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

Sheriff Stilinski just stared at his son, "What do you want me to do?"

"We need to look at the evidence."

He gave them a look of disbelief, "Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work."

Stiles stared up at his father, "Trust me, they'll let you in."

"Trust you?"

"Trust-" Stiles stammered, "Trust Scott?"

"Scott I trust."