26: Just go

With a tired sigh, Briella opened her eyes slowly and sat up

With a tired sigh, Briella opened her eyes slowly and sat up. The pain wasn't there anymore but she felt groggy, like she hadn't had any sleep in days even though she had been completely past out. She wiped down her face with her hands. Her hair felt greasy as she ran a hand through it. She hated that feeling. She was going to need a shower. She also knew she probably smelt like a garbage truck after sweating and puking.

"You're up."

Briella looked over to see that Derek was barely pulling himself up from the side of the bed. It looked as though he had been sleeping on the chair beside the bed, but leaned down on the bed. Which was probably incredibly uncomfortable.

She nodded her head, "I am up. And I'm assuming I've got you to thank for tha-"

Derek interrupted her by encasing her face with his hands and kissing her deeply. She released a shocked noise from deep within her throat and grabbed hold of his wrists.

Peter cleared his throat from the sofa across the room, "Hi, sorry to ruin the reunion between whatever you two are."

"What the hell?" Cora stormed into the room, she almost fell over. She looked like she was just barely discharged from the hospital. "You gave up your Alpha abilities?"

Briella pulled his hands down into her lap and gaped at him, "I'm sorry, you what?"

"My dear niece-" Peter got up from the sofa, he had interrupted the pair from kissing because he could hear her stomping down the hall earlier. "I think we should give them a moment before scolding Derek about his choices. After all, the love of his life almost died."

"What is he going to-" Peter only grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the room before she could further yell at Derek for what he did.

Briella squinted her eyes at him, she wasn't that tired but she could tell by just looking at Derek that he was ready to just pass out. Her eyes flickered out to the windows, it was still incredibly dark so she had to assume that it was night time for them. "What did you do?"

"I healed you."

"By giving up your power as an Alpha?" Briella questions him with furrowed brows, she placed a hand on his cheek. He was sweating a little bit, probably from exerting himself like he did, "Derek-"

"You would have... died." Derek wheezed out for a moment and leaned into her palm, "I wasn't going to watch you die."

Briella wanted to argue but just didn't say anything to him. Instead she kissed his forehead and pulled away with a small smile. "You need some sleep."

"Yeah-" Derek nodded with an exasperated laugh as he stood from the bed, "I should-"

She snagged onto his wrist before he could walk away from her, "Your bed is better than the sofa." Briella shifted a bit on the bed, "We can both fit on the bed."