24: Dinner date

Zelda could not believe she was actually sitting in her room with Ronald doing homework

Zelda could not believe she was actually sitting in her room with Ronald doing homework. Homework of all things. She felt like she should be doing something else, something more important than homework. But Ronald had pressed that if they failed their classes because they were constantly out doing werewolf business then Briella would be even more upset than she already was.

"But-"

"Homework."

Zelda sunk further into her seat with a frown on her face, "But Ronald-"

"No buts, you need to do your homework." Ronald suddenly began to put papers into his binder before he rolled over on his bed.

"Did you just finish?"

Ronald simply sent her a smile, "Well, if you had started when I told you-"

"I would still be on question one." Zelda shoots over at him as she gets up from her bed, "No way you finished that fast. I call bullshit."

"Okay, fine. I copied Briella-" Ronald admits to her and reveals Briella's own work, "But I needed to fill in the time anyway. Allison is still in there talking to Scott..." His voice trails off before he looks at Zelda, "Can you hear if they're still talking?"

"Uh..." Zelda concentrated pretty hard but ended up just hearing Melissa, "Uh, it's his mom."

"What?" Ronald pulled the door to their room open, which made Melissa face them with a smile as well, "Hey..."

"Good, I should say this to all of you-" Melissa leaned in the door a bit, "I'm coming home late tonight..." Her voice trailed off when she noticed the faces the kids were giving her, "What? What-what's wrong? Is it- is it my hair, makeup?"

"No-" Scott quickly says, realizing what it looked like, "No, nothing. You look beautiful."

Zelda agreed from the doorway, "Yeah, you look amazing."

Melissa couldn't stop the smile that came over her face at the compliments she was receiving.

"Amazing..." Scott repeated, "Why do you look amazing?"

"Because-" Melissa just beamed, "Amazingly, I'm having dinner for once with a member of the male gender who's over the age of sixteen."

Ronald just laughed at this, "Who?"

"Uh, it's a medical rep that came into the hospital, today." Melissa explains to them, watching as Zelda and Ronald joined the room, "Yeah, we just kinda started talking, and the next thing I know, I'm saying yes to dinner and- I'm really hating myself for skipping the gym last week."

"What medical rep?"

Just as Melissa was about to answer the doorbell rang, "That medical rep. And, uh, I'm not-I'm not ready." She shimmied past Ronald and Zelda as her nerves built up, "I'm not ready. I'm not done, I'm not ready, so if you could please just get the- get the door and talk to him, okay, just- Be nice."