Chapter 11

Carlos' POV

Calla stepped in, head low and fidgeting her jacket.

"What were you doing the whole day?" asked Tyrell.

"I was sent to fetch Miss Michaela some clothes from the nearby store sir." She answered.

"What time did you leave and got back?" I asked.

"I left before lunchtime sir and got back 1 PM."

Tyrell sighed, "BEFORE lunchtime, which means around 11 or 12?"

Calla nodded and we double checked the cameras. Around seven or eight AM, I went grocery shopping with Y/n that we ended up eating outside. Then the first sighting of Michaela was found at 10:30 AM and then cut. The moment the camera got back to Michaela lying down on the floor it was 11:30. She was lying down on the floor for an hour and thirty minutes.

"Calla, while you were in the store, did Miss Michaela ever contacted you?" asked Tyrell.

Calla shook her head. 

"when you got back which is 1 PM, as you said, how was Michaela?" Tyrell took a notebook and pen.

"She just finished eating lunch sir and she had an empty paper cup with her."

Tyrell jotted it down and we signalled Calla to leave for the night.

"Damn... The time... It's pretty late..." Tyrell said while looking at his watch.

"You sleep too T. Let's talk about this once we settle down for good." I suggested.

Tyrell nodded and I left. The Security Control Room is located next to the faculty room. Its pretty high up. The teachers are already sleeping inside too. 

Y/n's POV

Lilith had a call with her mom so I had to excuse myself goodnight. Once I got back to my dorm, I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed.

Should I lock the door? Carlos has his own key anyways...

My body's sluggish but either way, I still went for the door. We can't have random creatures creeping around in here when Lilith literally gave me an interesting scare. 

But it's..True?

Before I can turn the door knob, it already turned on its own. I froze on the spot.

"Is this how I'm gonna die?" I whispered.

The door was slowly opening and I automatically closed my eyes. Holding out my tootbrush and toothpaste in a defensive matter. I knew the door was widely open now that I felt a gush of wind welcome me. Hence, I felt like I'm seeing light. Like light from the end of the tunnel.

"I don't wanna die yet-"

"Who says you're dying Y/n?"

I opened my eyes and covered the light with half my palm. It was just Carlos. Holding a goddamn flashlight in front of my face.

"And I'm sure as hell that toothbrush and toothpaste ain't gonna help you survive." he added.

I lowered what I was holding and stepped back,"Sorry, life's been giving me the creeps lately..."

Carlos sighed as he walked in and closed the door behind him. Locking it after.

"What's creeping you out?" he whispered.

"Carlos, first, you gotta freshen up." I suggested.

Oh how I wanna tie that bird-nest-like hair of his into a half ponytail at least... It will look good on him, right?

Carlos sniffed his shirt and nodded. "Permission to use the bathroom?"

I smiled, "Always. Corporal."

He removed his vest and grinned, " You know, you don't have to be so formal, Y/n. Afterall, I'm your Savior."

He laughed, little did I know that I was already blushing.

 "Aye, Mate! You gotta do your business first!" I said as I pushed him towards the bathroom.

Which is not a good idea 'cause he's thicc and heavy...

[30 MINUTES LATER]

While waiting for Carlos, I gathered up all the details of Lilith's story and almost everything I found lately. Checking my phone, it's already 11:30 PM.

Did I miss something?

I glanced at the bathroom door and realized that Carlos has TONS of U.B.C.S attires. Especially his pants and black top with the U.B.C.S logo on its sleeve.

Can he even breathe in those? It's like he's still on duty even tho he's asleep.

I got up from my bed and went to one of the boxes in the storage room. When I was young, I used to steal things from my mom and dad's apparel. Calling them a souvenir years later.

"Aha! This looks perfect!" I exclaimed while waving an R.P.D shirt.

It comes in large too!

I folded the shirt on top of a chair, placing it beside the bathroom door. As far as I know, he already got some other clothes inside with him so yeah. All done.

I went back to my bed and lied down.

I can't sleep yet tho, I still have to talk with Carlos...

Carlos' POV

I forgot to bring a T-shirt, shit...

I turned off the shower and wrapped the towel around my neck. Twisting the door knob and pushing the door, my right foot bumped into a chair.I bent down to grab the shirt sitting neatly on top of it.

"Racoon City Police Department. Y/n must've left this here. It's not her size tho."

While walking to the bedroom, I started wearing the RPD T-shirt.

It smells like her...

"Hey, Y/n, thanks for the shirt—"

I stopped at the door when I heard classical music playing. It's from her phone. I raised an eyebrow and went closer to her bed.

Sleepy head... I should turn off her phone, there's only 5% left.

I took her phone and swiped off the music  and it did. Until it showed a Face ID password.

Face ID? What kind a sci-fi bullshit is this?

I just turned off the power switch of the phone and went to the power outlets beside her bed.

Ok... This shit better work...

TO BE CONTINUED...