Chapter 36

Author's POV

The four arrived at the train safely. Along with their supplies. Jia immediately ran and hugged Y/n the moment she saw her. "Why is this happening?" She asked Y/n. Y/n bent to her level and caressed her cheeks. "Don't worry. As long as I'm here, I'll make sure you're safe, so be strong for me. Ok? Can you do that?" Jia nodded and smiled.

Lilith is asleep beside Miss Pitt and Mother Amelia

Lilith is asleep beside Miss Pitt and Mother Amelia. "It's freezing in here.." Y/n said and Mother Amelia chuckled. "There's a bag behind you. It's filled with clothes that I managd to grab before we left your apartment." "Thank you mother-" "Psh. Just call me Amelia now. Less hassle." I nodded and she continued to sleep. The train's moving now.

"Let's see what we have here." The outbreak happened at night. When I was sleeping. I didn't have time to change. My silk sleepwear, sleeveless at that and just above my knee is all I got. Basically a dress. And my mom's combat boots. Then the leather strapped bag attached to my waist. The one Carlos gave me where I holster my gun and ammos. God, I look like I'm modeling for Victoria's Secret.

Y/n opened the bag and it's her set of checkered tops and jackets. "This'll do." She grabbed a black jacket and wore it. Sitting down after. "God, I'm exhausted." Y/n pulled out her phone. 4%... Sigh.

"Need power?" Y/n turned her head to the left and saw Jackson waving a power bank in his hand. "Do you mind?" She asked. Jackson shook his head and passed her the item. "Thanks." Jackson gave her a thumbs up. She plugged her phone and placed it beside her. I could use some sleep...

"Hey, supercop..." maybe I don't. Y/n opened her eyes and saw Carlos sitting across her. Y/n closed the zipper of her jacket and sighed. "I want to go home." She said. "We're gonna find your parents. I promise." Y/n smiled. "Do you want something for your hair?" Carlos shook his head, flinching when a hair strand hit his eye. "Nah, I'm good. It's-" Y/n removed her hair tie from her wrist, grabbed his hand and placed it on his palm. "So you could see better days." Y/n stood up and started walking to the first cable car. Carlos was dumbfounded.

Y/n opened the door to the conductor's cabin and Lance was about to enter as well but Carlos dashed and closed the cabin's door behind him first. Y/n didn't notice and he also covered the window with his body. Leaning against the wall.

"What's wrong?" Y/n asked. "Huh? Oh nothing. Nothing." Carlos glanced at the back and saw Lance glaring at him. The conductor removed his beret and smiled at Y/n. "How may I help you young lady?" His voice was quite guttural. Prolly in his late 60's. "Where are we heading now?" She asked. "The next station after this is in Arklay Mountain's village. Though I must warn you that I don't know the situation there. We can only stop for... let's say, 30 minutes. Find supplies and get gasoline for the train." Carlos was staring immensely at Y/n. "Ohhh, and after that?" "There's a village I know that is in good condition because it's self-sustained. And their chief is a good friend of mine." "How long is the stretch?"