1|Prologue

[Edgar's pov]

"Mother, where are we going?" I said, while holding hands with my mothe- the devil. She's been hurting me from the inside out since her husband left her with me, 'the trouble maker.'

"Edgar, shut your little mouth." She replied sternly. I still felt the pain when she used her bare hands to screwed my neck yesterday. Her eyes were scary. Her voice was scary. Her everything was scary. She wrapped my neck and covered my chin with a scarf, a long, black scarf with white stripes so that no one could see the damage she did once.

We walked for like three hours and my legs were burning. Yet she didn't turn back to look at me once. She held my hand forcefully towards an end I didn't when was coming. This woman stopped at a big house. A big and ugly house with terrible decor. I saw something was written on the paper hanging on the door of the haunted house. Orphanage. What's that?

She knocked on the door and an old man came out. "How much do you want for this kid?" What does he mean? I thought. "Eh, whatever. He's just a useless 4-year-old troubled kid called Edgar. Just take him away." My eyes widen. Was she going to leave me here? The old man had a sinister grin on his face as he held my arm and threw me into the house. "Now Edgar, get inside."

"No!" I shouted. My tears sting my eyes but I didn't care. She is the worst, but I can take it. Here? I don't know a single thing and it's freaking me out. I'm four. Only four. My mother is going to abandon me and expects me to stay in this haunted house.

"Mom! Please! Please! Please..." My voice got weaker as she turned away and vanished into the far, far away roads. She left me.

The orphanage. The poorest thing ever. The kids were all staring at me with absolute pity in their eyes. They didn't wave or smile. Instead, they ran and gave me a hug. "Welcome to the hell, Edgar."

So everyday since then, I lived there. One meal a day and one shower a week. I barely had friends even though the kids weren't bad. But they were all...dead inside. They saw no hope for living. Firstly, I didn't understand why. But then I learnt more everyday. The old man was horrible. He sold kids as servants. He forced us to look nice or else we would have no food for three days.

I'm twelve, suddenly. Eight years in orphanage had eaten me up alive. I walked like a zombie just like everyone else was. My scarf was probably a friend. He was really nice. He taught me to paint my nails and found little fun in life. Yes he is a scarf, but he moves as he's alive. I'm not joking! He played with the kids too. It's probably the only fun that saved me from completely losing myself from everything.

On my birthday of turning twelve, I left the haunted place. I hugged the kids there and wished their best. From what I learnt in the orphanage, crying is a symbol of vulnerability. Laughing is the symbol of naivety. Love is temporary, and nothing really lasts forever. Not a single soul cares about how you feel so you better shut your mouth and do your work. Feelings are for weak.

So what did I do when I left the house? I found a job. Yep, I found a job, and I got some poor money everyday but it's better than nothing. I worked in a library and I checked from time to time if the books were clean and on the right book shelves. It was a old library though. All grandmas' and grandpas' favorite place. Full of fake fantasies and stupid dreams. So naive and lame. My everyday work was literally waking up in grass, and then ran a bit to the library and started my job. I didn't eat much so I spent most of my day in the library wandering about every corner and sometimes helped cleaning a little, but no one bought books, maybe a few, so I don't get much money. I can eat twice a day though. Massive improvement, I'd say. Then I'll get ready to leave at around 6 in the evening and I'll run to the closest store for a ham sandwich. Then I ran in circles around the places I'm familiar with and lay down and slept when I feel tired.

I spent years in the library and I didn't read much books. Is it weird? I don't know. I didn't even talk much and I didn't make half a friend. All old people and how am I supposed to talk to them? Anyway, I'm turning 19. Woah.

Today, I also did the same things. Woke up, grabbed the cheapest sandwich and wrecked in in my stomach, then lived my life in the library. It's 6pm and I was finally done, but I saw a newspaper. I don't read newspaper but this one caught my eyes. Starr Park opening soon! Join the dreamiest and happiest place ever! Psss. So stupid. Until I saw another headline near this stupid-whatever-park opening.

Starr Park Grocery Store now needing helpers!
Feel free to go to Starr Park, Brawl Town, Road 3AT U AL!V3. We'll be pleased to hire people smiling everyday and laughing about the slightest stuff. Please do not leave even if you don't, we'll be helping you to smile the brightest!

Road "Eat U Alive"? Didn't sound pleasant.

You'll get your money weekly and we promise you won't be disappointed! At least 300 brawl dollars a day. If we lie, we die. Don't hesitate to give yourself to us for happiness and services! Starr Park, the happiest place in the world.

Dang. 300 brawl dollars a day? I'm only getting 20 a day! 300 will definitely make me rich for a month. And it's only daily? Gosh I'll be rich. And maybe I'll be happy after that.

So, as you can guess, I spoke the boss of the library for the first time, aka the last time. He fired me immediately for talking nonsense about books. Of course I wasn't going to tell him I left to a better place for money. I told him I hate books forever and they are all lame as hell. I'm not going to read, or even write a book. That's so stupid and boring and meaningless. Those words split out from my mouth so easily as I've been preparing years for this. Maybe it's true. I don't know.

The next day, I'm officially 19. My scarf hits my back lightly and it's a sign of nervousness my scarf got. He's so protective. I went to the Starr Park and damn. It was all new and fresh. It's..to be honest, pretty. But for kids only and I'm only here for money. So I went to the office and in front of me was a cash back-headed robot and a penguin wearing a shirt and a bell on his head, which rang once in a while and a little penguin came out from the bell.

"Name's Griff. Please start your self-intro. We'll like to know more about you." The cash back-headed robot said. He kept counting the money in his hands and the penguin found some papers, waiting for me to talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyyy so it's my first time to write about Brawl Stars annndd I hope you like the start lol. It's going to be more a love story so leave if you want battles and bloodshed ;)
Please leave comments in you read this chapter. I appreciate it. I crave for some funny things lolll.
That's all. Bye.