73|To Run

⚠️ Violence and curses.
[Edgar's pov]

Where am I... my eyes..

A headache woke me, along with warmth from my face.

"Ed Ed Ed...oh thank goodness!" Hearing her voice, I opened my eyes with a little bit struggle.

Colette's worried face was revealed once I was able to see clearly. "You're awake! Whew...Listen, they aren't far..." She kissed me on the lips shortly and helped me to get up. I didn't remember how I get here? Lights were red, and the sirens could burn my ears.

"Wh-where are we?" I asked as the torn toys drew my attention. There was...red stain. Everywhere, on everything.

"You don't remember?" Colette's eyes widened, but then turned into a serious face, "It makes sense...you've been passing out for 30 minutes. And um...DODGE!" She suddenly yelled and pulled my scarf, which led me to kneel on the ground.

Boom.

I flinched and turned my head where I heard the loud noise. A whole hell of fireball? How? "And...yeah. As you can see, it sounds unbelievable but it's happening right now. A scary clan is coming to attack and we haven't figured out who the people are, but they definitely are not coming for good." Colette whispered. "They've been extremely violent and they have amazing techniques, not gonna lie...even the Brawl Stars community is surprised."

"Uh, where are we exactly?" I asked again, and she only pointed to the door with a small groan.

Oh.

The gift shop.

Holy shit.

This is gift shop?

It made no sense at all, but what could I do? To survive. To make us both out of here alive. Taking a deep breath, I started looking for the closest thing I could use for weapon. Being a puncher with a scarf wouldn't be much of a helper. Boom. Great. Now the ceiling could fall off at any moment.

Colette and I began to duck down and walk very quietly, making as less noise as possible. We moved to the book zone and grabbed the heaviest books to throw if it's needed. Tap tap tap. The footsteps were slow but loud. Each step sounded like thunder to my ears. Geez. He stinks. I frowned once I felt the man, I guess, was coming closer. Colette couldn't help keeping her head away from the man as well.

"Hmm...nice perfume. Heheheh." It was a deep manly voice. It felt like he hadn't been brushing his teeth for a whole month. Then suddenly there was a very strong bleach scent. Some stupid asshole messes with the perfumes and uses them all at once...

Colette coughed. She then gasped and instantly covered her mouth with both of her hands. Her eyes were filled with fear and apologize. Before I could calm her down, the footsteps sped up. Stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp. Oh no. I grabbed a book and set my position so that I could get up later fast.

I motioned Colette to stay behind the book shelves.

"HA GOT YA- OUCH!" Before the man could speak properly, I dashed upwards and smacked the whole War And Peace onto his face. No peace right now. Only war. Suddenly the lights were back and the sirens grew faint. Great.

The man groaned and stood up again in no time. That's when I realized how large he was. His golden hair was cut shortly and his beard was a lot more than his hair. It was a kind of grey blue reflected in his eyes and scars on his body had shown how much wars he had gone through. He was extremely tall, 2 heads above me.

I took a step back and grabbed another book I found. My eyes never left his. A wild grin appeared on his face. "I've heard a woman's voice. Am I wrong?" Ugh. His scent makes me wanna throw up right now so bad. There was heavy accent in his tone and sounded very much unpleasant to me.