76| Small Soul

[Edgar's pov]

Another morning, stocking things and putting stuff around.

"Good morning lil' Scarfman!" Colette burst into the shop with a big smile.

The fact she could always enlighten me. I put down the new cologne that arrived and turned to Colette. Putting away her bag, she walked near me and started stocking. It was a quiet moment when both of us were just focusing on the work. Emz. It's weird. I just suddenly remembered her. And she's been really emotional through the messages recently...

And I know Colette must know something.

"Cole, so um...How's Emz? She uh, kind of, texts me about you a lot." Alright that's awkward.

She stopped for a few seconds to think. "She's...normal. Except me being a dummy and flooded her bathroom." She laughed with slight embarrassment. She what.

"Not acting weird or anything?" I asked again. Because Emz did. In my case. I know she cares about Colette a lot. But last 4 days? That's on a different level.

"You know what, I feel unsure now. Maybe I should ask her." Colette replied, frowning.

As she took out her phone, she froze.

"Edgar."

"What?"

"I-I think she's mad at me this time." Her voice was shaking. "F-five missing calls plus a text with no emojis. 'We need a talk.' What does that even mean? I can help her with the damages I made but- She never really gets mad with these...acCidEnts?" And yes. Her voice cracked when she said "accidents."

Alright I regret asking it. I have no idea what to do now.

"Listen, Cole. Today after work, go straight back home and check out on her. Seriously, no more overworking." I stated.

She nodded in silence.

[8 am.]

Colette faked the last smile as she walked off to welcome the people that got in Starr Park.

I hope it'll be fine.

Anyway, work started. As usual, the first 2 hours would be empty as hell and I could do my things. No one really ever caught me. The news are getting really stupid. I have no interest in Tara's fortune telling or whether Shelly's boots are from Africa or not. Neither am I interested in Emz not posting anything on social media for 3 days straight-

What.

I guess that wasn't a big deal. I hope.

Anyway, something drew my attention. The door was slowly opened. I didn't see anyone at first, until I looked down and saw a little kid, around 5 or 6, getting inside with a big smile. I couldn't quite imagine what could change him in 10 years. Probably everything. I guess his parent are going to be frustrated-

"Come in, blueberries! It'll be safe for you here!" The kid was surprisingly speaking in a very clear voice, unlike some 15-year-old-kids that couldn't even pack their own school bags. Blueberries...

A small whining sound. No way.

The kid held the door carefully as a dog cub slowly stepped in. I don't remember the gift shop with any "do not allow pets" signs, so I just quietly watch them getting inside. They were the only living things here besides me. I pretended I didn't see them at all, because I think that might scare them. And I don't even know why I don't wanna scare them. Maybe because of the dog. Maybe because of Emz being a mess and I don't want to think about that right now. Maybe I'm too bored.