3|Work Days

[Edgar's pov]

The next day after waking up in the empty boring house, I left immediately, and as I expected, I spent quite a while to get use to the road. Ugh I've been making so many wrong turns, but whatever, I came to the office again on time.

"Glad to see you, Edgar." Griff smiled and kept on counting his money. I wondered if he just sits there and county money all day or did he do anything else. "So, how's yesterday? Is Colette a good tourist?" I slightly rolled my eyes at his stupid question.

"Kind of, I guess."

"Oh that's great! You'll be officially working here and please be quick. Colette is late to work again so...you gotta work alone for the next hour. Anyway, good day. When you're done, you may leave."

"K."

I reluctantly shook Griff's hand and walked away. From what I remember, the gift shop is close to the Castle Of Cactus which would drive Colette crazy, so I walked towards the direction and soon got there.

Gift shop, still a mess as usual. The boxes on the floor, almost filling three quarters of the shop. Blank tables, drawers, wardrobes, and many more places to be filled with souvenirs, which is stupid.

Start working won't do wrong. I started classifying colors, bottles, clothes and so on. Holy. Why are there so many Spike socks, is he that famous?

I spent almost an hour just putting up all the socks, when suddenly I heard that familiar voice.

"AHHH EDGAR SORRY IM LAAATE!"

Hey Colette.

I glanced at her to show I know her existence. I should've treasure the time of being alone more, I thought. Maybe I shoulf be early tomorrow and I can play some emo music to make myself hate this place more.

"O-M-G, Edgar, you put up all the socks first? Aww that's so cute!"

I glanced at her once more and she looked at all the socks I put up, in adoration.

"Well, umm. Yeah I guess." Yes Edgar, cold as ever.

She soon joined me putting up things while bubbling about how she's late and how everything went wrong in the morning. She didn't care if I don't reply. I guess that's better for both of us.

After a few more hours, it's noon already.

"Hey Mr. Grumpy Silence, why don't we take a rest? I'm sooo tireeeed!" Colette did a little stretching and came near me.

"Ugh fine." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

Colette made a little happy noise, almost sounded like a kitty. Um. Weird.

We sat on a bench close to the gift shop and both bought some bread for lunch. She doesn't talk when she eats. That's great. We stayed silent until that cash back-headed robot came.

"Hey guys! Glad you're having a good time. The opening ceremony will start on the day after tomorrow!"

"What?" Colette and I gasped in sync, she's more in an excited tone while I'm like a dying cat. I groaned quietly and impatiently listened to this stupid robot's explanation.

"Since everything is planned and both of you are working more productive than we all expected, we had announced that the opening of Starr Park will start 4 days sooner just this morning. Be prepared, my friends!"

He then walked away as he didn't just drop a bomb in my head. We basically only have tomorrow left for preparing and shit. We haven't done 20 percent of all.