12|Solo Showdown

[Edgar's pov]

The week passed quite fast. Monday, Colette was still bubbling about the Castle of Cactus. Tuesday, a crazy busy day, but I didn't remember it being a big day for anyone. Wednesday, Emz came around and wouldn't stop thanking me for bring back the happy Colette back. And Colette was feeling awkward about what she said. I've heard that Colette wasn't mad at Emz about reading her diary. She said they started exchanging diary since then. Thursday, Griff gave us the salary in advance since he wouldn't be free on the next two days. Friday, Griff said he made a mistake about it and he said he really won't be free on the weekend of next week.

Today was Saturday, the day before the solo showdown that Colette helped me join. We've also been training for some more preparation and I've done my gadgets and gears already. Colette trained 3 times a week and I literally go there everyday.

It's lunch time. There were a lot of customers on Saturdays. I took a deep breath and sat on the bench that I usually sit when it's lunch break. When will Bad Randoms make a new album... I still listened to songs daily. And usually around 210 songs a day, so I had already memorized many lyrics of different songs. Colette had recommended a few more pop songs that she likes, but I only listen to them like once or twice.

When I finished eating, I still got 30 minutes before open the gift shop again, like always. Colette was in the Dyna-Licious again for lunch. I looked around and spot a purple-haired man walking towards me.

"Hey Edgar! Are you ready for tomorrow's battle?" Mortis asked.

"Mhm." I said, while looking at my phone. But I wasn't really excited. I don't know why.

"Hm, you don't seem very excited, do you? Does anything happen?" He wouldn't leave me alone.

"Nothing." I shrugged my shoulders and didn't look up once.

"Okay. See you tonight then. I'm searching for Emz. Bye!" Mortis then left.

Nothing really happened, but that made things more weird. Nothing happened. Why am I not hyped for battles? And reputation?

I was lost in my thoughts, until I heard Colette called my name.

"Edgar! You okay? You look tired." Colette asked and sat next to me, swinging her legs in the air.

"I'm fine...just need some sleep." I said, and pretended to stretched my arms and faked a yawn.

"Okie then. I can't wait to see more brawlers! Bye! I need to treasure this 15 minutes!" Colette then left, and I felt a bit sad about it. Shit, Edgar.

Colette had seen some more brawlers recently, and she always shows me the new scrapbook page she's done. I usually just nodded at her.

Crow's page had a feather. Colette said that he just sneezed and some feathers fell off. He probably caught a cold. Jessie's page had a piece of metal. She accidentally made a mistake of her new work and Colette caught it before it was thrown away. Spike's page had a piece of purple fabric. His spike was growing and made a hole on his fabric, so he cut it off.

Leon's page was sticky. Colette explained that his hand was sticky as they shook hands and she quickly used a tissue to clean her hand, and stick it on the page. Penny's page had a golden teeth. She had made a new one so the old one was useless to her. Rosa's page had a leaf and Bea's page had a small wing there, probably from a bee.

Colette was quite down that she hadn't met Piper or Rico. They always acted like a new and fresh couple, she said. She had shown me a lot of her hard work, but I feel like something is missing. She had never shown me the page that she sketched when we're at the Cactus' House for lunch early this week. She usually finished scrapping in a day.