65|Your Nothing

[Edgar's pov]

Don't ask me how that day went off. I didn't remember much either and I was completely an idiot. How the hell would I do that to Colette? Yes she had been paying too much attention and cared about work, but still, she didn't deserve it. Do I deserve it?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

"Oh shut the fuck up."

I groaned as the I sat up from the bed and turned off the crazily loud alarm clock. The world seemed like it's in black and white. I couldn't quite tell if I wanna see Colette or not. All sorrow and frustration and madness and anger and all negative feeling engulfed. I couldn't let her take all the blame, but I don't think I'm ready to talk about it.

I bet she felt the same. We need some time to cool down, and chill out.

I didn't have the heart to have a good breakfast. I simple took 2 pieces of bread and put some peanut butter on it. With a glass of milk, simple as it. I finished up the breakfast in less than 10 minutes.

Taking the backpack with me, I got out of my house after changing into the worker's clothes. Ugh...will Colette be there...? I'm starting to hope not. Sighing, I began walking slowly, swaying my shoelaces with each step that I took, and kicking the cobblestones. Turning right, and turn again, and then walk across.

Here I was, at the entrance of Starr Park. Somehow it made me nervous and I had no idea why. Is it because of Colette? Do I expect her to be working on the letter at the gift shop right now? The scene of her frowning while writing 2 letters at a time and staring into the computer was so vivid. I'm kind of scared that I remember it so well.

I stood at the front door of the gift shop. The door was locked and the curtains were closed. Colette wasn't here, yet. Opening the door, expecting nothing, and revealed nothing. Just the dust flying around as the sunlight poured in. Normal as ever. "What will Colette react if she sees this?" I thought out loud as I saw a new paper box just come out. Opening it, it was filled with the newest Sakura Spike plushies. Sakura Spike is her favorite Spike skin...geez how would I remember that?

Absentmindedly, I squeezed the Spike plushie in my hand, staring at the door. I kind of hope she'll come...

No Edgar, you won't be ready.

Not yet.

I threw the plushie into the box again and pushed it aside so that it wouldn't got kicked by the customers. Then I started stocking things again and hoped that today could pass as fast as possible.

It's 7:50 am. Normally, Colette would come in at this time, and I would be sitting next to my backpack or leaning against the counter.

She didn't appear. The only sound I could hear was my own breathing and the "tick, tok, tick, tok" sound from the clock.

2 more minutes passed. I guess it's another day I'll be here al-

The door was slowly opened. No Griff, don't try to give me hope...I didn't turn around to see who was here, but I guess it's Griff.

The footstep got closer and clearer with each step it took. I didn't hear any sound of shaking coins...

"Griff, I know. I'll be okay." I muttered without even turning around. I could feel that person got closer to me and before our fabric could touch, I walked away. My brain was still about yesterday, when Colette yelled at me with her tears dropping down. How desperate and anxious she looked...How could I not notice that earlier? She's feeling...almost fearful, for the future.

"Griff, I told you I know. Why aren't you leaving?" I rolled my eyes without looking up. I was looking at my phone with my head hanging low. I'm lack of energy, it's just a freaking morning but I felt horrible.