38|Another Project

[Edgar's pov]

16 of February.

The alarm clock woke me and I reluctantly sat up from my bed. I checked my phone, revealing a bunch of new messages from Colette.

C: EDGAR
C: PLZ COME TO THE GIFT SHOP ASAP
C: WE GONNA TAKE DOWN ALL THE VALENTINES DAY'S DECORATIONS
C: THATS WHOLE LOT
C: I SUDDENLY REMEMBERED IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
C: AND THEN I CANT SLEEP
C: I REGRET BUYING SO MANY THINGS
C: *GIF* *GIF* *GIF*
C: *Facepalm emoji*

What.

What a way to start a new day of work. I sighed, ate my breakfast in 3 minutes and quickly dressed up and left my house with my backpack in 10 minutes.

I walked in a fast pace and almost didn't even notice that the sky was kind of grey and dark. Going from road to road, street to street, I eventually got to Starr Park.

Opening the door, the first thing I saw was a dozens of airless balloons on the floor and many boxes. Half of them had been filled with decorations. There were also color papers on the floor and everything looked messy as hell. I looked a little further to see Colette putting the other decorations into a box, not noticing my existence.

I guess it's better to not to disturb her...I grabbed an empty box and started putting all the Valentines Day Cards into the box. Then I cleaned up the wall and tore all the Valentines Quoted on the wall. After that, I found a broom and then started cleaning the dirt on the floor that was revealed because of the cleaning.

"Ugh, I hope Egger will come soon." Colette sighed loudly.

Egger?

I didn't react, and kept cleaning.

"Why, his eyes are so breathtaking!" Colette sighed again. "Do you think he'll find out? I mean like, oh he's so perfect! What if he can actually listen to me right now? God that'll be embarrassing." She was thinking out loud.

Who in the world is Egger?

"Just look at his eyes. His kissable lips. Geez I totally sweep off my feet for him..." What? "Oh that dream...that freakish dream! Why would I even think of him that way! It's...ugh. I really grow up, huh?" She laughed at herself and continues outing things into the box and stored out new products.

Was that...?

"C'mon if he really does this, it'll be the death of me." She suddenly said after being silent for a short while.

Okay I think that's all I need to know. "What does he do?" I asked nonchalantly, and picked up a piece of plastic on the floor.

Colette gasped lightly and turned to my direction.

"W-when did you come?" She asked, shocked.

I only gave her a small smile. "A while now. Who is Egger?" I asked, not expecting anything.

Colette only blushed. She turned away to clean and stayed silent. She used a wet towel to clean the counter without saying anything.

I chuckled and walked to her, remembering how she used to kiss my neck twice. I stood behind her, and let my head rest on her shoulder. Colette immediately stopped moving, and didn't know what to do.

"L-let me clean, Edgar...I haven't moved a bit of the kids zone." Colette tried to stay calm, only ending up making her face even more red.

I smiled, and whispered softly, "So who's Egger? I'm not leaving until you tell me."