32|Plans

[Edgar's pov]

It was one week before the Valentines Day.

The snow had been melting pretty much outside though it was still Winter. Shit I hate global warming.

Waking up at 6 am, I let myself to get lazy a bit on this freaking Tuesday. The work had been awfully busy and Colette always stayed up in the gift shop to plan for the Valentines Day. We made a very complete plan - well, mostly her ideas. I helped ordering things and decorations that kind of work.

And about me asking her out? I hadn't planned a bit of it. I mean, I had no idea how to start it. I always forgot to ask Emz or Mortis for help after work.

"Oh shoot." I looked at the time and realized I fell asleep again. 7:20.

I quickly got up from my bed and changed into some warms clothes. Then I had my breakfast within 10 minutes and ran out of my house after grabbing my back pack.

I was completely warmed up after that short run and I was slowing down my breathing pace as I walked into the gift shop, revealing Colette sleeping with her head on the counter again. She planned too hard about it...

There were still some couples of minutes before we needed to open the gift shop, so I didn't wake her up. I stocked some more things and cleaned up the papers and pencils that Colette used last night. She probably worked overtime again. I tried my best to walk in silence, and put up some roses on the shelves and around some Valentines card. Yes we know there's still a week, but Colette was so into that day that she had finished most of the work already.

The shop was a magical theme, and mostly covers in cool colors, adding some light blue, purple and pink. Colette planned to give a chill but romantic vibe and the color would be mainly blue and purple. I helped her bought some frames, balloons, flowers, and decorations that were related to the theme.

After a few more minutes, I had finished up the preparations. I walked near the counter and placed some plastic bats on it carefully. I couldn't help but kept glancing at Colette's sleeping face. Her eye bags had gone darker lately... I sighed.

Colette's hair was slightly moving because of the breeze. She was in a deep slumber and snorting lightly with mouth slightly opened.

Crunch.

A glass rose dropped onto the ground.

Colette's eyes flew open and her head held up immediately.

Shit.

She then blinked at me in confusion, and stood up from the chair and peaked at the spot next to my right foot. She gave me a small chuckle.

"I know it's time for work. You don't have to break things to wake me up." She said jokingly, and went to clean up the broken glass. It's expensive as fuck. I used almost 200 brawl dollars to buy 3 glass roses.

I only sighed, and prepared to open the door to welcome the customers.

"Eeeeek! Ouch." A small groan came out behind me. I turned to look at Colette, and saw her doing the dumbest thing...she took the glass in bare hands.

I sighed and walked up to her, and knelt down next to her. I grabbed a plastic bag on the floor and quickly picked up all the pieces of the glass. "You can use anything but your bare hands..." I murmured.

"Sorry...I'm thinking what I can do with these broken pieces and absentmindedly picked them with my own hands." She smiled sheepishly.